Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Idle Tips & Tricks

For 1-D tables (i.e. only one column), you can put any logged pid for the column data.

If you want to be able to paste-with-labels that map into a tunetool table, then see post #10.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    For the column, try this:

goto that table in the tunetool, highlight either the column of interest or the whole table and do rightclick->Copy With Labels...

then in the scantool, on that map's column tab click Paste Labels.
    I got that part. I thought I had to choose something from the drop down.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    For 1-D tables (i.e. only one column), you can put any logged pid for the column data.

If you want to be able to paste-with-labels that map into a tunetool table, then see post #10.
    So I'm just collecting the average of each cell, and then pasting that into my table?

Let me see if I got this right.
    1. Open map properties.
    2. Select the PID for Desired Airflow from the dropdown, set precision to 3. (What's the parameter name? GM.IACDES_B?)
    3. Column gets no selection from the dropdown, type ",Value" for label.
    4. For Row, select SAE.ECT from dropdown, Paste labels from B4307.

Shawn mentions logging SAE.MAF (g/s) vs ECT at Idle. This table isn't doing that.
    Last edited by blsnelling; October 4th, 2010 at 01:49 AM.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Based on your last log, I came up with this value for your 92C entry.

Let your car sit for at least 12-18 hours. The next morning when you start it up, just log SAE.MAF (g/s) and ECT...ONLY AT IDLE!!!

Joecar described perfectly how to make the MAP. When you log it, the magic of computers will average your Idle MAF flow. Then just cut and paste those values into B4307. The values/slope should look like an 'inverted' hockey stick.

The technique is totally separate from RAFIG. You can always log a RAFIG separately or concurrently. The technique is only offered as an alternative for those who may have RAFIG values too low to successfully Idle.
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Sorry, but I'm still not clear on this map. What goes in each of the three drop downs for Data, Column, and Row? I understand the values I'm trying to capture, just not clear on creating the map.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blsnelling View Post
    Sorry, but I'm still not clear on this map. What goes in each of the three drop downs for Data, Column, and Row? I understand the values I'm trying to capture, just not clear on creating the map.
    BLS:

I used the following EFILive Tutorial when I first started creating MAPS. It really walks you through faster and more clear than I could tell you..plus it is a good way to learn..

Try it out first..http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/Interactive/How to Create a Map.htm
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Data = the pid that is to be pasted/multiplied/added into some tunetool table
    Col = Paste Labels button (after doing copy-with-labels from same tunetool table)
    Row = Paste Labels button (the same paste-with-labels info)

i.e. idea is to make the map look exactly like the tunetool table.

The map shows the average data when the x-bar button is clicked.

Where I was going wrong, was that I thought it was required to make a choice from the drop downs. I think I've got it ready to go now. Thanks for bearing with me. In the mean time, I did a RAFIG. I'll try again tomorrow morning with this map.

No worries

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    Brad:

Thanks for the feedback and the compliment.

As to why RAFIG values sometimes appear to be too low for cammed cars, and why MAF Airflow seems to work, is still unresolved in my mind ( I don't know..).

The intracity of the IAC function and how it interacts with fueling (MAF/VE) is pretty complex. I know 5.7ute and others have been studying actual case studies to understand their function more.

But I kinda fell upon that observation by happenstance. I knew fueling functions were primarily controlled by the MAF and VE, so I figured that out first. So once LTFT & STFT Trims were +/0, I just used that for my Desired Airflow.

While I would like to take credit for that 'discovery' a search of the literature shows others have figured that out also.

Thanks again, and let us know how it goes..

..Shawn..
    I just dialed in my desired airflow table this weekend using the MAF, it worked great! Like mentioned i had issues with the RAFIG/RAFPN process, it always came out tooooo low. Thanks for the tip!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast