Thread: Slow V2 ??

Lifetime Member

Default Slow V2 ??

It seems that my V2 has slowed down significantly,progressively since
    I would say the last three Firmware updates ??

Reformat the config space and then reprogram it with options.txt/settings.dat using S&T.

What firmware version is it at...?

Lifetime Member

I don't understand I plugged it into my PC and it's fast again ?? When I plug it into a vehicle now the orange light flashes really fast
    even before I make a selection and it's like it's working soo hard it doesn't respond to the key pad. ( like a PC when you have too many
    windows open )

BTW I have (2.06.41) I think this is the newest firmware

That sounds pretty "interesting". You'll notice generally that V2 will determine the protocol (VPW or CAN) of the vehicle it is connected to before you get to the main menu. That is usually what the orange light flashes for, but it usually only pulses a few times.

So, it is only slow on the vehicle and not on the PC?

2.06.41 is the latest firmware for the V2.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    I don't understand I plugged it into my PC and it's fast again ?? When I plug it into a vehicle now the orange light flashes really fast
    even before I make a selection and it's like it's working soo hard it doesn't respond to the key pad. ( like a PC when you have too many
    windows open )

BTW I have (2.06.41) I think this is the newest firmware
    What vehicle is the FlashScan plugged into when that happens?

Does the orange LED eventually stop flashing?

Are you able to save a trace file and send it to support at support@efilive.com?
    To save a trace file use the options (if you can) F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace File. Then use EFILive explorer to copy the trace file to your PC and then email it to support@efilive.com with a link to this thread so we know what its for.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

A few more questions:
    Is there anything else connected to FlashScan? (SD Card, serial cable, anything plugged into the orange connectors?)
    Does it pass the keypad test? To run the keypad test use: F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F4 (hidden option). Press Ok to the warning about having another FlashScan connected. Then press F1 to run the keypad test. Note: the Ctrl key is not part of the test and is not tested. You have to press the cancel key again once you have eliminated all the other keys (except Ctrl).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

What vehicle is the FlashScan plugged into when that happens?
    The first time I noticed it was a 2004 GMC Yukon Denali (LQ9) then on a 2003 GMC 2500HD (LQ4)

Does the orange LED eventually stop flashing?
    at the time NO

Is there anything else connected to FlashScan?
    Only a 2gb SD Card

Since I plugged the V2 into my PC the problem has seemed to have gone away.
    I did notice though that, I updated the last firmware with the SD card in
    and the Card Indicator said XXX so I popped the card out and it said SD1
    so I popped the card out once more and it said SD2 (as it should)
    Hindsight is 20/20 right

Lifetime Member

I rewrote the Config just for good measure. After the problem went away

for the last week or so when i plug the flashscan in all the lights come on for a sec or so then the screen is blank for about 10 secs then it loads up, but when you press a button it takes 4 secs to move, then you have to wait 4 secs before you can press another button, otherwise pressing a button has no effect, effectively taking 8 seconds per button press, really started to shit me so i thought today im going to hope on this forum to see what the prob could be, read for 1 min and i had a brain wave, not sure if the answer is on here because i just solved my problem so i don't need to read anymore.

found the SD card was only pushed halfway in !!!!!!
    take card out and works like new, put card in properly, well bugger me it also works properly !!!!!
    put card half way in and back to having a big time delay, makes sense that it wouldnt work for recording, and makes sense that things wouldnt work properly now that i found problem lol.
    if the answer isnt on here then i hope this helps anyone with this problem.

pete.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    for the last week or so when i plug the flashscan in all the lights come on for a sec or so then the screen is blank for about 10 secs then it loads up, but when you press a button it takes 4 secs to move, then you have to wait 4 secs before you can press another button, otherwise pressing a button has no effect, effectively taking 8 seconds per button press, really started to shit me so i thought today im going to hope on this forum to see what the prob could be, read for 1 min and i had a brain wave, not sure if the answer is on here because i just solved my problem so i don't need to read anymore.

found the SD card was only pushed halfway in !!!!!!
    take card out and works like new, put card in properly, well bugger me it also works properly !!!!!
    put card half way in and back to having a big time delay, makes sense that it wouldnt work for recording, and makes sense that things wouldnt work properly now that i found problem lol.
    if the answer isnt on here then i hope this helps anyone with this problem.

pete.
    Pete,

Thanks for posting that.