Thread: B8043 Clarification

Default B8043 Clarification

I'm working on an e67 7.0 right now and wanted to disable the VVE tables and run OLMAF in order to tune just the MAF sensor, without finalizing the VVE. It seems the HPT guys have it pretty easy to turn this off, but all I could find in EFILIVE was B8043. Is this value going to be the RPM at which the MAF soley takes over? What are you all doing to run MAF only on the e67's as they don't have the old B0120/B8024/B8025's?
    As always, Thanks!
    Brandon

So I did a little more digging today, as I was pretty sure I had used the B8024 and B8025 on e38's before. Sure enough I have, and upon opening a CTS-V tune with an LS9 and an e67 those two tables popped right up. It appears those tables are just missing from my available on OS 19211212. do I need to update a *.cal file or something in order to get these tables to pop up? Ross and Paul, any insight? When I get back to my laptop I will see about posting a copy of the tune.
    Thanks,
    Brandon

Edited to inclue: I'm running ver. 7.5.6 Build 133
    Last edited by smokeysbandit; September 22nd, 2010 at 04:29 PM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysbandit View Post
    I'm working on an e67 7.0 right now and wanted to disable the VVE tables and run OLMAF in order to tune just the MAF sensor, without finalizing the VVE. It seems the HPT guys have it pretty easy to turn this off, but all I could find in EFILIVE was B8043. Is this value going to be the RPM at which the MAF soley takes over? What are you all doing to run MAF only on the e67's as they don't have the old B0120/B8024/B8025's?
    As always, Thanks!
    Brandon
    On those GMPP tunes the MAF is running from below idle in their stock form. You should be AOK.

That's great news for tuning the maf, but also eliminates my ability to use it in conjunction with the map sensor. Hmm, when the 2bar sensor comes in I'm going to have to evaluate this. I'm still uncertain if this combo will be maxing out the maf.
    Thanks!
    -Brandon