Thread: lean LTFTs, logs attached (NB "tuning")

Question lean LTFTs, logs attached (NB "tuning")

I am trying to figure out why my LTFTs are consistently positive (lean). There are some variables / possibilities, and I am simply looking to learn.

DISCLAIMER: I am aware that I need to install fresh oxygen sensors, get a WB and dial in AFRs, then adjust timing. I know that I am not tuning anything, simply experimenting blindly with theories and ideas. Sorry. (hey lots of manufacturers so the same )

I am wondering whether the aged stock narrow band sensors, possible exhaust leaks, or the fact that I need to tune the MAF are causing my positive LTFTs. I have previously run an experimental blind tune that was nice considering even higher LTFTs, some KR, and too much timing. As I am working back towards (blind) sanity - reduced timing and bumped VE (don't laugh ) KR is eliminated and LTFT is 0.0 under load but there isn't much torque and still overall positive LTFT.

Maybe it's just the low speed / load areas that are causing it?? Also note the insanely high IATs are correct and while they don't seem to be causing ping as expected, I am sure they are robbing big power.

Again, I am simply learning what moves what in which direction. Yes, there are better ways even to learn. But I have a journal with a complilation of all your intellingent responses to base my experiments on (seriously) so please don't hesitate to point anything out if you have time to look, THANKS!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Boost, those LTFT's are not that bad.

With your MAF Enabled, you will find almost a 1:1 ratio with LTFT's and MAF Airflow. You could do an entire MAF Calibration (CALC. VE Table) or you could do a +5% LTFT Average to your entire MAF curve.

That is definitely a little more of a 'hack' that way, but with LTFT's at or below +5%..it will work!
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..