Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 OS with T42 TCM

Lifetime Member

Attached is a 2010 T42 4L60E 4x4 from a pickup .... hopefully it helps.

Regards,
    Taz

Attachment 9158

L92 with 4L70E

I think its posted in my thread but if not, let me know and I can send you the tune.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 68problemchild View Post
    L92 with 4L70E

I think its posted in my thread but if not, let me know and I can send you the tune.
    It's there...but dont try that '08 ECM file in a '10 controller. Not good!

Taz's T42 file is a very close fit for the Silverado A4. Same segment numbers other than the cal segment itself so a very good chance.
    Last edited by gmh308; October 5th, 2010 at 04:04 PM.

I really appreciate the help guys, ill let you know how it turns out.

Anyone know where I can get the Silverado file to mate up with the T42 file from Taz?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Lifetime Member

Sorry misunderstood ... thought the 2010 T42 from the pickup would be compatible with the 2010 E38 from the Escalade ... have the pickup tune on file if it turns out you need it ... away until Friday afternoon ... could send it then.

Hopefully the Escalade tune is compatible - would save you some work !

Regards,
    Taz

yea def, i will try it hopefully tomorrow and I'll let you know, thanks again for the help!!!

No dice... i cant seem to get anything out of the ecm. Any chance i could get that file out of the truck that you have taz? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbsurfersc View Post
    No dice... i cant seem to get anything out of the ecm. Any chance i could get that file out of the truck that you have taz? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
    That's really odd. Post the tune from the ECM up and I will take a look at it.

mod3.tun

Couple of wierd things going on here.

1. The ecm will not talk to the v2 through the obd port. When i put it on my bench harness though everything is seemless.

2. Also when I turn the key over to try and start the truck, the dash and everything goes blank like it would normally be starting but It wont turn over. The vehicle does turn over however when you jump the relay.

Not sure if the ECM not having a T42 friendly cal in it is causing the no start but the fact that it wont talk through the OBD port is really confusing.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbsurfersc View Post
    mod3.tun

Couple of wierd things going on here.

1. The ecm will not talk to the v2 through the obd port. When i put it on my bench harness though everything is seemless.

2. Also when I turn the key over to try and start the truck, the dash and everything goes blank like it would normally be starting but It wont turn over. The vehicle does turn over however when you jump the relay.

Not sure if the ECM not having a T42 friendly cal in it is causing the no start but the fact that it wont talk through the OBD port is really confusing.
    A few checkpoints:

What OS patch/s do you have applied? Dont have a V2 with me at present so cant check.

Is this the ECM that came in the truck? i.e. all VATS/security would be in line?

Remembered a point on the T42. Normally they use a hardwired speedo/VSS line TCM > ECM. Not sure whether your platform with A4 does this, you would need to check the schematics. A6 generally transmits VSS via CAN but some trucks do use hardwire as well.

When you wired in the TCM and trans wiring, what did you use for the pinout configuration?

i.e. is CAN still passing through the TCM?

FYI also - your tune is MY09. ECM should be service number 12625455.
    Last edited by gmh308; October 8th, 2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Editing........ :)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast