Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E38 OS with T42 TCM

Lifetime Member

Hello mbsurfersc,

Your user profile is not setup to receive PM (private message) from other members ... FYI

Regards,
    Taz

Not sure why i cant receive them. If you would like please email me at zwhill@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    A few checkpoints:

What OS patch/s do you have applied? Dont have a V2 with me at present so cant check.

Is this the ECM that came in the truck? i.e. all VATS/security would be in line?

Remembered a point on the T42. Normally they use a hardwired speedo/VSS line TCM > ECM. Not sure whether your platform with A4 does this, you would need to check the schematics. A6 generally transmits VSS via CAN but some trucks do use hardwire as well.

When you wired in the TCM and trans wiring, what did you use for the pinout configuration?

i.e. is CAN still passing through the TCM?

FYI also - your tune is MY09. ECM should be service number 12625455.

Yes it is the ECM that came in the truck with the factory tune on it, adjusted for injectors,motor,ect ect

All of the vats are disabled and have been full flashed into it.

The tranny config has be tried both ways, with the can bus running through it and without. All i get is the dash going dark when i turn the key, suggesting that the vehicle is trying to start but nothing.

The speedo and stuff is hardwired.

It takes 10+ posts before pm's enable.

another thought...
    should there be any need for an external gear position switch for the different transmission.

Still no dice. Seems as though the truck wont start because it doesnt think its in neutral or park. Im getting pretty frusterated with this thing. Anybody have any input on the gear position thing.

correcting myself

Lifetime Member

Just so I'm clear ... you turn the key to "on" everything powers up ... you turn the key to start and, the engine doesn't turn over, or the engine turns over but doesn't start.

If it doesn't turn over at all, and you have 12 volts in the battery, and you've applied the VATS / Crank patch - then I would agree - park / neutral issue. Never worked on a 6L80E - does it have an external park / neutral / gear position switch like a 4L60E?

If you have the wiring diagrams for the Escalade - you may be able to use a jumper wire in the interim to check.

Regards,
    Taz

Sorry to be unclear...

When the key is turned on, everything powers up. When you turn the key to start, the dash goes dark as though it was trying to start. The best way I can describe it is that is acts like a manual vehicle when you turn the key but dont push the clutch.

I have 12 volts. and the vats and crank patches are applied.

The 6l80 doesnt have an external sensor.

We have gone through the pinout and found the wire that appears to only need to be grounded but no luck.

Another thing that still is in the back of my mind is the fact that i cannot communicate to the ECM through the OBD 2 port

Lifetime Member

Read your previous post about being able to bench program the ECM, but not via the OBD-II port - odd, and is probably part of the problem. Know Gen IIIs well, Gen IVs not so much. Does the OBD-II port wiring traverse through the BCM or any other module before the ECM ? Is there both battery and ignition power at the OBD-II port ?

On 4L60E with external park / neutral / gear postion switch - when key is turned to "start" power runs to the P/N switch, if in park or neutral, power then flows to the starter relay.

Don't have a manual for a 2010 Escalade ... just thinking out loud.

Regards,
    Taz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast