Thread: Flashscan V2 Error

Default Flashscan V2 Error

After bootlock & firmware upgrade, the following appears when selecting pids.Options.txt not found
    Scanner software connects to V2 but attempting to monitor or log comes up with an error stating "Only external & calculating PIDs can be logged, when connected to flashscan ONLY. An OBD11 controller must be detected before OBD11 PIDs can be logged" (See attached)
    I seem to have exhausted all FAQ and forum posts but remain optimistic of any suggestions that may direct me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error window.PNG 
Views:	178 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	9106  

When you are connecting to the vehicle make sure you select the appropriate ECM controller type. As the message indicates it is only connecting to the FlashScan hardware presently, and not the actual vehicle. If you aren't being shown the controller selection dialogue you can go and select it manually my choosing the 'File->Select Controller' menu option in the Scan Tool.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Hi Tordne
    Thanks for the prompt response, it is greatly appreciated.

We have been logging & tuning successfully until the update of boot lock & firmware. Seems I can still access the processor info etc but not scan or tune with it anymore?
    I will attempt to access the processor code directly from the controller instead of the software, just in case this now makes a difference?

I Will let you know.

Just to add further detail re processor

The attachment shows successful read of PCM info and shows the processor type we have been tuning until firmware upgrade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vehicle info.PNG 
Views:	186 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	9111  

Went to work today to test access to pids in hand controller again. Same issue shows as "Options.txt not found?

I can see you're not running the latest pre-release as the changed buttons are not shown on your screenshot. In one of the recent release the location of the Options.txt and other configuration files changed substantially. Options.txt now resides in the 'My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config' folder. Check if yours has been moved there and try opening it, it might just be the software trying to load a file (last used) from a non-existent location now.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew