I must be missing something,

I have V2 Commercial Scan & Tune; I went through the up-date process after being away for a while and it now has the latest V7.5.6-133 and all up-dates.
Also V8.1.2-115 which has also been up-dated both as of today.
The Firmware according to EE is 2.06.41 Effective Date Sep 12, 2010.
The Bootblock 2.06.03, Eff. Date Mar 03, 2010.

Problems: In spite of registering the V2 with cable and FS connected, each time I open with the cable dis-connected I get the "Warning Demo" message.
When I do connect and check registration details all the registration info is retained there.

Also when opening a tune file, particularly a timing table, I get "Invalid floating point operation."

I have un-installed EFI-L from the L-Top (Windows XP) and re-installed with no change to this.
I even tried installing it all on a brand new Windows 7 laptop and although I don't get the "invalid floating operation" message, I still keep getting the "Warning demo" after dis-connecting the FS cable.
There is no damage to the V2 FS and the cable is in good condition, USB ports and connectors appear to be fine; so have resorted to asking if anyone has an idea what may be wrong -apart from me not being the brightest spark with computers.