Thread: Trouble After Up-date

Unhappy Trouble After Up-date

I must be missing something,

I have V2 Commercial Scan & Tune; I went through the up-date process after being away for a while and it now has the latest V7.5.6-133 and all up-dates.
    Also V8.1.2-115 which has also been up-dated both as of today.
    The Firmware according to EE is 2.06.41 Effective Date Sep 12, 2010.
    The Bootblock 2.06.03, Eff. Date Mar 03, 2010.

Problems: In spite of registering the V2 with cable and FS connected, each time I open with the cable dis-connected I get the "Warning Demo" message.
    When I do connect and check registration details all the registration info is retained there.

Also when opening a tune file, particularly a timing table, I get "Invalid floating point operation."

I have un-installed EFI-L from the L-Top (Windows XP) and re-installed with no change to this.
    I even tried installing it all on a brand new Windows 7 laptop and although I don't get the "invalid floating operation" message, I still keep getting the "Warning demo" after dis-connecting the FS cable.
    There is no damage to the V2 FS and the cable is in good condition, USB ports and connectors appear to be fine; so have resorted to asking if anyone has an idea what may be wrong -apart from me not being the brightest spark with computers.

Hi Sid,

Go Help->Register EFILive and check the details against your blue card.

IDK about the invalid floating point.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Sid,
    Go Help->Register EFILive and check the details against your blue card.
    IDK about the invalid floating point.
    Hi Joecar,

The blue card is from when I first got V1 back in 2005 and all the details are for V1 Personal S&T; have since up-graded to V1 Commercial (2006) and now V2 Commercial and the serial # along with the original key is different to the original card.

I've used the later registration details with no problem in the past when changing L-tops.

The most common error is that people enter the year portion of the date incorrectly. If you have no luck see this knowledgebase article (http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...2610-QSJC-1535) and log an incident. I can then get the details again for you to ensure they are correct.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Mmm,

I highlighted the day (dd) and typed it in, then paged through the months using the calender; then highlighted the year and tapped that in.....

I'll try it the "correct" way and see if it makes a difference....

(edit: update) After connecting FSV2 and "zeroing" all registration boxes to pre-registration info, then closed and re-opened tune, re-registered, still get the same mssg when FS cable is not connected to L-T.
    I will try my old FSV1 cable next.
    Last edited by Sid447; October 4th, 2010 at 07:05 PM.

Unhappy

Tried with the old,

original V1 Flashscan and cable....re-registered using all original information from the blue card and again, while cable is connected I'm okay until I get to the HO Table....

I can get the "show table data in entire window" (plan view) but as soon as I press the tab for the 3d chart it is blank and the warning "invalid floating point operation." is shown also trying the "display table, graphic and description" gives the same warning.

After trying other options I tried the tab "show two dimensional chart of table data" -that works okay, then the "show three dimensional surface map of table area" (beside it) again "invalid........." warning, clear it by pressing okay. Then click on the tab "rotate surface by 90 degrees" and everything comes back. No further problems of invalid floating point.
    This is with an LS1B file.
    Tried the same with an E38 file and though using the same system brought the 3d chart up I tried LOT and again the invalid floating point warning came up!

The registration process still isn't being accepted. I tried V1 only in the Licence 1 tab with all original details.
    Then V1 details on licence 1 and FSV2 details in Licence 2.
    Also FSV2 details as they were before this problem; only on licence 1 tab and still get demo only with cable disconnected.
    Cable connected okay but gives invalid floating op which seems to only hapen when accessing the HOT 3d graph.

I think I'll take a break!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sid447 View Post
    I can get the "show table data in entire window" (plan view) but as soon as I press the tab for the 3d chart it is blank and the warning "invalid floating point operation." is shown also trying the "display table, graphic and description" gives the same warning.
    The fault is with the 3D surface map. If the software attempts to display the 3D surface map exactly "end on" then it fails.
    You can prevent the problem by deleting each calibrations' stored 3D map rotational settings. Some of them (the ones that fail) are configured to display the 3D surface "end on".

To delete the registry entry:
    1. Close all EFILive software.
    2. Run regedit
    3. Delete the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Tune\Win dows\Cal
    4. Close regedit and restart EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Have done this now, thankyou...
    1. Close all EFILive software.
    2. Run regedit
    3. Delete the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Tune\Win dows\Cal
    4. Close regedit and restart EFILive.
    a] Have 3d graphs working okay, the "invalid floating op" mssg has gone.

Have re-checked registration (Licence tabs 2,3,4 & 5 are left blank/untouched). Also authenticated with FSV2 connected.
    But still get "demo only" when EFIL is re-opened with cable disconnected.
    (will send three attachments of the screen prints 1=Registration 2=Authentication 3=Demo warning, by email as they exceed the forum limit).
    Last edited by Sid447; October 5th, 2010 at 08:54 PM.

Just replied to your email.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Just replied to your email.

Hello Andrew,

That's cured it!
    I haven't a clue where those registration details come from.
    All is good now, thankyou for your time and patience.

Regards to all, Steve Shailer.