Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Working on my idle tune

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Try that.

Just add it at the very lowest MPH values(s) or you will have the cruise control effect.

The other option(s) are to manipulate B4311 and B4312 to not deactivate, or slow down B4313 to something like 0.07 at the lowest MPH values.

But, just to be 100% sure..Are you in Gear Airflow or in P/N when it happens?
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

In gear only. P/N is not a concern, since I would never need to "tickle" the throttle unless in gear.

Where would you put B0107 and B0108, 0 or 1?

Sorry, like I said I have not driven an AUTO for years..

Whats throwing me is your log is always showing the IAC PARK Airflow..probably just the look-up Table value.

So why at Frame 20 is your IAC SUM showing 7.73 g/s then frame 21 shows 9.8 g/s. Whats bumping it up there as I see TC and TF is both zero.

Is there some other Accessory Air that is influencing your Idle?
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

I'm playing with the throttle with my foot. That's how I get it to sag, and sometime stall. I was holding it at maybe 1000-1200 and then letting off.

This is really getting old. I let my wife drive it to work today. Backing into a parking spot, it died again. Am I asking for it to idle too low at 650 RPMs? Perhaps I should set my in gear idle speeds higher, and leave park/neutral at 650. It'll set there an idle all day long at 650, but I just can't get it to quit occassionally stalling in gear. Now, just setting there idling in gear, it'll idle all day long too. It's only when you give it a little gas and let back off, such as she did today backing into a parking spot.

Lifetime Member

650 rpms is low for an auto car with a cam (didn't get the specs). You need to get start at a higher idle rpm so the truck doesn't kill or surge and work your way down. Idle tuning is tedious and time consuming especially when your target rpm is that low.

Lifetime Member

Can you post some logs when the truck is stalling? I don't see any airflow correction for the cooling fans which would only affect ECT temps they are running.

Lifetime Member

I looked at the tune in a earlier post and noticed the difference in spark values in the idle region on the High and Low Spark Octane Tables as well In Gear table. I don't know if you changed these yet, but they have to be the same value otherwise it can initiate idle swing which is exasperated by other parameters trying to compensate. One example is the Idle Spark Over and Under Speed tables. I adjusted the tune in those tables listed above to give you an example.

Without a log showing the exact problem, this is just a guess because it could be something else. But the goal is to stabilize the spark through the various tables and minimize big swings. Step 1 is NOT to use your foot to control the TPS to prevent stalling when you are logging. Use the DVT engine control features to prevent stalling so you know what is exactly causing the problems. Sorry for long winded reply.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
    Can you post some logs when the truck is stalling? I don't see any airflow correction for the cooling fans which would only affect ECT temps they are running.
    BLS:

Could you please Re-post your latest Tune..

If you don't have any airflow correction for the Fans that will kill your engine (stall).

DrkPhx..thanks for your help. It helps to have someone with experience with Auto's helping out. BLS, raising Idle Speed or adding Air usually works. But ad DrkPhx states Spark and Fuel are equally important parameters to nail.

Keep at it..

Thanks for the help guys. Help yourself to my tune. I'll certainly try it out. I see what you're talking about with the timing swings. That's actually something that was mentioned in my logs, but hadn't actually been addressed in the tune.

Concering the log, I was only using the throttle to initiate the stall. The truck will set there and idle all day long. It's only when I give the truck a little throttle in a car line, or something like parking that it will act up.

I noticed that you set most of my idle timing to 22 degrees. In playing around with my tune, I've found that higher timing seemed to help. But then again, my tables weren't consistent. I'm going to give this a try and see what happens. If I'm not satisfied, I'll try higher idle timing, but keep it consistent across the tables.

I'm posting my last tune, and then my last tune with DrkPhx's changes.

My Modified_019 Idle.tun

My Modified_019 + DrkPhx.tun

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast