Thread: error code $050B

Unhappy error code $050B

I'm trying to download the tunes I just got from my tuner, but when I press the ok button, I get this error:$050B. What does this mean? Am I doing something wrong?

What are your build versions of V7/V8...?

The $050B error means "Script file not supported by current firmware version". You need to update to the latest 8.1.2 software version, update the firmware and then "program" the BBX config to the V2 which will copy across the new script files (which are compatible with the firmware release).

See here for more details:
    - Software update: http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...5404-IJZV-0820
    - Firmware update: http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7243-SFGL-2949
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I have the same problem, only diff is that I have firmware 2.07.04 and bootblk 2.07.01 as well as the newest versions of 7/8. Is there something that I am missing

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

To clarify the situation...
    When you [Program] your FlashScan/AutoCal device with your Scan and/or Tune options using the EFILive V8 software, various files are copied from your PC to the FlashScan/AutoCal device.
    Some of those files, specifically *.obj script files, contain program code that runs inside the FlashScan/AutoCal device. Sometimes when we make changes to the FlashScan/AutoCal firmware the *.obj script files must be updated as well.

So when we publish an update to the V8 software that contains a firmware upgrade usually the *.obj script files are updated as well. If you update your firmware but don't copy the new/updated *.obj script files then the new firmware in the FlashScan/AutoCal devices does not recognize the old incompatible *.obj script files and gives that error.

You MUST make sure you copy the latest *.obj script files to your FlashScan/AutoCal device, either manually using the EFILive_Explorer program or semi-automatically by following these steps:

1. Connect your FlashScan or AutoCal device to the PC.
    2. Run the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software.
    3. Select the F5: BBX option.
    4. Click on the [Read] button to read the current setup of the attached device.
    5. Click on the [Program] button which will cause all outdated files to be updated.
    6. It is not necessary to save the BBX Options file after performing the above procedure.

If you receive error $0194, please use the "Format" option on the [Program] button between steps 4 and 5. Error $0194 usually means that the file system is full. Formatting the file system removes all unnecessary data.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

thanks,
    that fixed it for me.