Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hi guys, I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Paul Meister and I am the EFI Calibrator and Managing Member at Torq. We are located in Miramar, FL (about 25mi NW of Miami) and specialize in late model domestic installations, calibrations and parts sales. (www.gettorq.com) (www.facebook.com/torqspeedlab)

I got my start as a calibrator in late 2002 in Toronto, Canada tuning Ford's with SCT and I have tuned a bunch of stand alone systems over the years. While in Canada I tuned a handful of GM's with HP Tuners (I actually used to tune a ton of S/C cobalts). When I moved to Miami to open Torq we got heavily involved with GM's, particularly the 2010 Camaro, and I began using SCT's all new GM tuning software, which is fairly decent, but left lots on the table for advanced tuning and logging. Using their software was simply an easy transition for me and made financial sense but I quickly outgrew their software and finally took the plunge and ordered EFI Live.

I am excited to get involved in the community and hope I can provide some support. I wanted to give special thanks to Howard Tanner from Redline Motorsport (you all know who this is) who has taken me under his wing and has also become a great friend along the way

I should also make mention giving thanks to Greg Banish who has helped me many many times along the way with both Ford and GM and even provided insight when purchasing my second dyno. For those of you that have not purchased his DVD, books or taken his class I highly suggest it (www.calibratedsuccess.com)
    Last edited by Meister; October 6th, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

Paul Meister
    EFI Calibrator/Managing Member, Torq Speedlab, LLC
    Specializing in late model Ford, GM and Dodge EFI Calibrations
    SCT, EFI Live, HP Tuners, FAST, BS3 and much much more

Paul, welcome to a great group of people! There are several members who have helped me greatly over the years that you will figure out real quick who they are.

I'm sure you mentality of calibrating will fit in very well with the core of guys here! Look forward in tweaking some cals this weekend!

HT

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Welcome aboard Meister.
    It's always good to have some input from professional calibrators.
    The Tremor at AIR

Paul, welcome to the forum

Shop looks real nice

Welcome! Glad to see another shop with EFI Live. I know you will love it. If you ever need anything just ask there are alot of great guys on here.

We're all still learning. At least those of us who are any good at this. Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll find this place worth its weight in electrons.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Thanks for the welcome Greg and I appreciate you giving me your input the other day. Howard and I spent a few hours on my dyno this afternoon and we will spend more time this weekend between heading to catch some sun and having some fun in florida

Paul Meister
    EFI Calibrator/Managing Member, Torq Speedlab, LLC
    Specializing in late model Ford, GM and Dodge EFI Calibrations
    SCT, EFI Live, HP Tuners, FAST, BS3 and much much more