Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with understanding alignment of 4x cam and 58x crank reluctor wheels and sensor

Quote Originally Posted by tunedportcj5 View Post
    Another odd issue I noticed is that my APP/ETC is no longer working after the LL8 OS flash. It previously worked on the original 12617449 OS / 12617448 CAL (not sure of the vehicle). Any ideas?
    I ran into the same problem while bench testing the throttle to make sure that it worked with a non LL8 (actually a 2.4 ecotec) throttle body. What I found is that TPS 1&2 voltages have to be within 2% of each other, IE damn near the same. The wiring diagram that I had from alldata was wrong and I had to switch around the signal return and the TPS 2 output around to reverse the TPS 2 voltage, I think..... I will have to look at my mockup when I get home. The way the factory wiring diagram was wired, TPS 2 started at 4.5 volts or so and worked its way down to 1 volt, and the computer is expecting the exact opposite, hence the trouble code and no throttle operation. Again, I will double check my wiring on my APP when I get home and make sure of what I did!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Well said... If EFI Mike wanted to chime in, he probably would have by now. He has too much time and money in R&D just to give it away and I completely respect that. His innovative ideas have led us to think outside the box - basically, this thread would not exist if it was not for that. Thank-you Mike!
    True.....very true....!!! Without his innovative setup I would still be swearing at the Optispark in my '71 GMC truck..... After I had to walk...... TWICE..... I had to come up with something better!!!!

Mike
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    I ran into the same problem while bench testing the throttle to make sure that it worked with a non LL8 (actually a 2.4 ecotec) throttle body. What I found is that TPS 1&2 voltages have to be within 2% of each other, IE damn near the same. The wiring diagram that I had from alldata was wrong and I had to switch around the signal return and the TPS 2 output around to reverse the TPS 2 voltage, I think..... I will have to look at my mockup when I get home. The way the factory wiring diagram was wired, TPS 2 started at 4.5 volts or so and worked its way down to 1 volt, and the computer is expecting the exact opposite, hence the trouble code and no throttle operation. Again, I will double check my wiring on my APP when I get home and make sure of what I did!!!

Mike
    Cool, please let me know and I'll check my config... Thanks!!
    '94 Lexus SC300 LY2 4.8, LS6 cam/springs, E38, LS3 MAF, LS2 intake, 88mm TB, 2bar MAP, T42/4L80e, mpt70
    www.terratraction.com/gallery

Cool, please let me know and I'll check my config... Thanks!!
    I checked my setup, and I have it wired per the V8 APPS diagram that Alldata shows and it works fine, basically switch pin A and C around and it should work fine. Pin A is VREF and Pin C is low ref on the V8 diagram and the exact opposite on the I6 diagram. Don't know why it is wrong on Alldata, but I have been using them for the last 17 years and I have found out that sometimes Alldata should be called 'somedata' sometimes!!!
    Hope this helps!!!

Mike

I checked my setup, and I have it wired per the V8 APPS diagram that Alldata shows and it works fine, basically switch pin A and C around and it should work fine. Pin A is VREF and Pin C is low ref on the V8 diagram and the exact opposite on the I6 diagram. Don't know why it is wrong on Alldata, but I have been using them for the last 17 years and I have found out that sometimes Alldata should be called 'somedata' sometimes!!!
    Hope this helps!!!

Mike
    Unfortunately that did not work. I had already tried that too - my pinouts show both LL8 and LS2 with those different pin assignments. It worked fine before the LL8 flash. I might revert back just to confirm nothing else could be causing the problem. With ignition switched on, the ETC does it safety/calibration test (you hear the high frequency pitch also) but no response from the APP.
    '94 Lexus SC300 LY2 4.8, LS6 cam/springs, E38, LS3 MAF, LS2 intake, 88mm TB, 2bar MAP, T42/4L80e, mpt70

Unfortunately that did not work. I had already tried that too - my pinouts show both LL8 and LS2 with those different pin assignments. It worked fine before the LL8 flash. I might revert back just to confirm nothing else could be causing the problem. With ignition switched on, the ETC does it safety/calibration test (you hear the high frequency pitch also) but no response from the APP.
    Did you clear the codes in the PCM??? Oh, I know what happened.... EFI Live will not flash the throttle portion of the PCM, you have to take it to someone with a Tech 2 or some sort of J2534 flash device and have them flash it. You can change the ETC tables, but you cannot flash a new cal into a a E38 or E67 PCM and have the electronic throttle work. Sucks, but I assume they do that for safety concerns!!! If you need it flashed, I will do it for $65 w/shipping back to you.
    Hope this helps!
    Mike

Mike

Hope this helps!!!

Mike
    What year/model/vehicle in AllData...? I'll look in the GM Service Manual when I get a moment.

She fires up! Just for a second... seems like VATS is holding it back - you have your 1-2 run time, then stops. Although no codes or anything that indicates VATS. I've tried both type-2 and type-3 modes along with the patch. Anything else to check?

Good news is the startup is very strong and healthy sounding, no stumbles and backfires!

Still no ETC...

I'm still working with a barely modified tune (tuned for the 4.2 - not the 3.0). I guess I should start scaling the injectors and VVE.

Anyone want to help me work on a base tune? I have a rather large learning curve on the non 0411 ECMs. VVE seems intimidating...

-David
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    What year/model/vehicle in AllData...? I'll look in the GM Service Manual when I get a moment.
    2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer, 4.2 I6... Keep us posted!!

Mike

Lifetime Member

What about G1208, probably should be set to Disabled. And shouldnt you leave G1213 set to Yes? Or are you not wiring a clutch input to the ECM?

Can you post the bone stock file, I think the VATS needs to be set closer to stock params.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast