Thread: What's messing with my AutoVE? BEN and LTFT counters.

Default What's messing with my AutoVE? BEN and LTFT counters.

I'm very thrilled doing my first sessions of AutoVE. I waited to install the headers and ory to put the LC-1 in. But looking at the logs I suspect either a leak at the ory where the LC1 is, or the blocked EGR tube are messing around the tuning. I've attached the last SD tune and blackbox log of this. BEN factor suggests me decrease a lot each time on some cells, resulting on a very lean mix each tune. I stopped since I don't want very lean mixture under load that could be harmful.

I´ve returned the tune back to a normal VE table and MAF operation again, in order to see where the problem could be. LTFTs seem to be the same as BEN readings, so maybe a small leak on the exhaust (from a clamp on the driver's side of the header-ory) is not the problem; I suspect I've not sealed the EGR opening on the intake good enough (y chopped, the egr tube and put a lot of tape on the plug).

I couldn't detect a leak by sound on the intake, on the left clamp of the ory there's a small one but LTFT and BEN counters are the same on these BB PID logs.

I also attach the last CL MAF bb-log.

Do you guys see anything weird? Any help is appreciated.

BTW on this last calibration, I'm using a 98 with a 99+ pcm with latest gm os (fuel segment swap and 28lb injectors). Maybe a plumping plug will do the trick (a block plug with an o-ring it's already on it's way), or an LS6 intake (but for 400+ bucks on these, I may better save a little more for a FAST).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shadowskill; October 16th, 2010 at 04:31 PM.

You need to re-do your B3605....Why would you want to command 15-16.5 AFR under load? Maybe it's a typo from when you were putting your tune into Open-Loop...
    From 176-212 degree's, you need to command 14.63AFR from 20 Kpa-100 Kpa
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    You need to re-do your B3605....Why would you want to command 15-16.5 AFR under load? Maybe it's a typo from when you were putting your tune into Open-Loop...
    On step 7 of the AutoVE tutorial says to copy valuies on the red/green rectangle on EQ Ratio, but I had Lambda on display (leaner instead of richer).
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    From 176-212 degree's, you need to command 14.63AFR from 20 Kpa-100 Kpa
    Still the AutoVE tut is not 14.63 on 65Kpa upwards; I guess the tut tries to be on the richer side to be safe, and have more power under more load.

Forgot to say mine's a Z28. Doing corrections now, got to try it even at this hour, I'm so thrilled I can't wait. Just a brief ride. I'll even use the 2000 vette spark tables (not trying to mess with spark before airflow but I guess those stock spark tables for reference won't hurt); Maybe using Vette's VE table instead of increasing 15% as a base will not hurt either. or... just adding 15% to stock's base is just fine?
    Last edited by shadowskill; October 16th, 2010 at 08:16 PM.

Ooop's your right...
    If anything go a little richer not leaner...
    15% is a real good starting point
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Still not done with the changes on the tune yet, double checking everything and comparing to other stock tunes. 12212156 os really has more features. I decided not to mess with spark yet until airflow is right. I'm using a 2002 pcm (although I have LS1 intake and not LS6, since I did a swap on the pcm). Used 15% over 2002 stock tune as reference on the MainVE, as it will mostly be adjusted anyway.

@GAMEOVER You were right about my B3605 table, it was backwards (leaner instead of richer; lambda as opposed to EQ ratio), so that is definitively why I felt the car not pulled enough under more load. Thanks.

Also LTFT and BEN counters are the same on MAF/CL logs, so any small leak on the exhaust doesn't seem to affect much and I guess that also means the LC-1 is calibrated.

I'll make the adjustments on B3605 commanded AFR on open loop, go for a short ride on the morning, and check the logs again.
    Last edited by shadowskill; October 17th, 2010 at 09:07 AM.