Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LMM and LBZ DSP5 Desired boost tables not looking up correctly

Default LMM and LBZ DSP5 Desired boost tables not looking up correctly

On build 7.5.6 (133) I've logged instances of both LMM's and LBZ's failing to engage the turbine brake which I've written into the tune using the desired boost table (amongst others). The scripts have worked in the past, but recently stopped. Further investigation points to no significant change in 'desired boost' PID when I switch the DSP. It should jump up 200kpa like it has in the past.

If you need any more information, let me know and I'll be happy to provide it. Tunes and logs can be sent via email if necessary.

Hopefully its something simple, thanks guys

Nick

Lifetime Member

Nick, as im sure you are aware tables B2231 and B2232 as set from the factory to ignore the boost tables when there is no commanded fuel. I personally have had no problem at all with writing in a turbine brake in either the base tunes or DSP 1-4.

BTW i have never had to alter the boost tables to tune for turbine brake, just the vane table.

If you would like any help tracking down the problem i'd be more than willing to help you.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I have the DSP2 vane tables set to 100%, the boost tables set to 30. Max in the base is set to 100, min to 0 in the appropriate rows. I get no change in the desired boost or vane position. I know it's worked fine in the past, now all the sudden I get no change. You may have to download the latest release and convert a DSP5 from a stock .cal.

What's your O.S. # I'll send you one to try.

Nick

ps- Looks like I'm not the only one (click)

Lifetime Member

So aside from the problematic 8594 OS you are seeing this in the LBZ OS's as well?

I'm running 52616698.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

See attached. The Boost should jump 3 lbs when in the DSP#2 position and the turbine brake should work. Hopefully you have better luck than I
    Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

I guess I'm just lucky.

Anyways, Anything else i can help you with?

LBZ_0007.efi

Or I'm just a moron.

Interesting... can I ask you to try a couple of other O.S.'s? The 2 recent LBZ trucks where I had this issue had the older and newer O.S.

Hopefully these give the same logs so I can apologize to Ross and Paul like usual and move on to chasing my tail.

Thanks Baller,

Nick

Lifetime Member

Something i noticed just now is that you are not disabling the EGR, which, could be the problem because in the DSP folders the only vane and boost tables are for EGR OFF. I'm surprised that it worked for me last night. I'm on my way out to go test the 2 other OS's right now. will edit with details.

[edit]
    All OS's appear to be working as intended. I did shut off the EGR before trying these last two. So that may or may not be your problem
    [/edit]
    Last edited by bballer182; October 20th, 2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: updated post with test results

Bballer,

Thanks for your testing, but I need to verify with EGR on as well. That's why I left EGR function untouched. This has to work on Bosch trucks without the blocker installed. I've had drivability problems on Bosch trucks with the EGR function disabled and no plate installed.

Nick

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    Bballer,

Thanks for your testing, but I need to verify with EGR on as well. That's why I left EGR function untouched. This has to work on Bosch trucks without the blocker installed. I've had drivability problems on Bosch trucks with the EGR function disabled and no plate installed.

Nick
    What kind of problems? I've never noticed any problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast