Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LMM and LBZ DSP5 Desired boost tables not looking up correctly

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    Bballer,

Thanks for your testing, but I need to verify with EGR on as well. That's why I left EGR function untouched. This has to work on Bosch trucks without the blocker installed. I've had drivability problems on Bosch trucks with the EGR function disabled and no plate installed.

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    What kind of problems? I've never noticed any problems.
    Surging, loss of throttle response - smoking.

Up until recently i've had mine shut off but not blocked for a couple of years and have had none of those issues.

If i were to guess i would say those symptoms are from the ECM switching back and forth between EGR ON and OFF tables in the DSP folders.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I see these symptoms routinely on trucks with single tunes and trucks with DSP5 tunes. I get about 5 calls a week from customers who attempt to shut the EGR off in the code and get the symptoms I describe (smoking, surging, dead pedal). I tell them to put blocker plates in or put the EGR operation back to stock. This fixes the problem every time.

I've tried disabling the EGR in the software a number of different ways without success. If you want to share your EGR off parameters I'll try them on a few trucks and see if I get consistent performance.

Nick

Lifetime Member

This is how i've always done it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bballer182; October 22nd, 2010 at 02:28 AM. Reason: wrong script, fixed now
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Lifetime Member

HAHA, whoops. got the scripting backwards.

Lifetime Member

Here is mine, I also zero al 3 flow tables
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

I see these symptoms routinely on trucks with single tunes and trucks with DSP5 tunes. I get about 5 calls a week from customers who attempt to shut the EGR off in the code and get the symptoms I describe (smoking, surging, dead pedal). I tell them to put blocker plates in or put the EGR operation back to stock. This fixes the problem every time.

I've tried disabling the EGR in the software a number of different ways without success. If you want to share your EGR off parameters I'll try them on a few trucks and see if I get consistent performance.

Nick
    I don't think a big time pro tuner like yourself needs any help from me, but I have NEVER had any kind of those problems from disabling the EGR without a blocker plate. I have recently put a stock motor back in my truck that is running without a blocker plate and the EGR shut off. I've also had a disabled EGR tune in my dad's LMM for about 60k miles with none of those issues. I've also tuned a few trucks locally with the EGR shut off and no blocker plate. No problems here.

I can't say that I did neither, but that was a while ago. I don't think I changed much other then the speedo and EGR until after I had the plate and transgo though.
    06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Also, I do seem to recall that messing with the EGR flow tables led to the issues you report. EGR is best disabled without touching them. I don't know why, however.

These ECM's are like drug interactions sometimes.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast