Thread: Status: Unkown

Default Status: Unkown

Guy Tripp sold me an EFIlive V2. I downloaded my stock tune and gave it to Guy to modify. He sent me a new tune based on my stock tune. I tried to upload/flash in the new tune, but get Status: Unknown. On the Calibration Tab it shows Engine LB7 on the new tune from Guy. My stock tune has LMM. Could this be causing the Status: Unknown problem? When I load my stock tune I have no problem. Also the VIN number on the new tune is not my VIN.

Thanks

Looks like that idiot Guy Tripp sent you the wrong file.

Guy
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    Looks like that idiot Guy Tripp sent you the wrong file.

Guy
    That Guy might have sent the wrong file, but he is NO idiot. We all err. I misspelled unknown in the subject line. People that never err are those that do nothing at all.

lol it happens from time to time, hell I have a hard time keeping track of my own tune files let alone the amount of tunes he must have.
    2008 2500HD 4X4 LTZ Z71 6.6L LMM
    Mods: EFILive, MBRP 4" DPF Delete, BD Manifold, SD Manifold, SD Center Link, SD Sleeves, S&B Intake, FS-2500, PPE Trans Pan, Bushwacker fender flares, PPE Oil Centrifuge, And other non-go-fast things.

Things still need to put in: PCV Re-Route,Air Dog AD-200.

I returned to this forum after a long time. I messed up and traded my 2008 2500HD 4X4 LTZ Z71 6.6L LMM for a Colorado diesel not knowing that it is much more difficult to turn off the DPF regeneration. I bought another license for the Colorado and modified the tuning maps so it would not be so slow. Recently I started getting CEL, a year or more after my mild tune. My brother bought a Colorado diesel at the same time with the last number of the VIN the number before mine. He has never modified his tune and he started getting the same trouble code and CEL as mine. He took his Colorado to his dealer and they flashed the ECM and no more problems. My dealer flashed mine, but it did not keep the CEL off. Now they have ordered a new sensor. I suspect these emissions issues will keep returning until I find out how to disable or delete the DPF. Unfortunately, I found out my EFILive lost much of its usefulness with the newer trucks such as the Colorado. I know how to make a good tune for my truck, but I don't know how to search through all the download data from the ECM to find where to disable the DPF. I suppose another way is to drive with my Oscilloscope connected to all the emission sensors in the exhaust system and figure out a circuit that looks like freshly regenerated sensors and use these sensors instead of the one's in the exhaust system. Of course, the ECM would not do the normal regen stopping up the DPF, so the DPF will have to be gutted or removed. I was thinking of opening it from the top and removing the insides and then welding it back closed. I'm sure there are plenty of 180+ IQ folks here that accomplished what I'm trying to do, the easy way. Can someone point me to where to start reading on how to figure out the details of the ECM download data? I assume it is not a programming language such as C, C++, Java, etc, but only data used by the ECM program? There's a sequence of a few buttons pushed on the entertainment system that opens up some folders and I can see that Linux OS is used in the Colorado. Thx