Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Man (PCM) Down

Lifetime Member

Ive had a bunch of P10s fail to flash, always been able to recover them. Its always aftermarket electronics trying to communicate on the databus and messing everything up. Ive spent 45 min before with a trouble P10 with aftermarket stereo and alarm, rebooted my laptop at least twice and re-opened the tune file a bunch.

Also, another option is to try and flash using V8 (I havent tried it, my P10 truck is back at home in Seattle) or BBF it. We have 3 ways to flash the P10s now, if V7.5 doesnt work convert it into a *.ctd file and flash using another option. Food for thought.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

the tb is back in action.

only aftermarket option is the remote start, which I didnt know it had. I've flashed this thing many times before with success everytime. I have the original pcm, will need to setup a bench harnes for it. Bought a used pcm and had the dealer flash it for $150. Not too shabby, they must be light on work.

Thanks for all the help to everyone.
    Making tires smoke since 1994
    Grand Junction CO

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Interesting, havent heard of EFILive bricking any P10s before. Doesnt mean is hasnt happened, but no one has complained about it. Heck, eBay sells P10s for CHEAP, I grabbed one from a wrecked 03 Voy for $40 shipped I think.

Yes you have...with me of course. I had a similar problem and end up replacing my pcm.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Those PCMs go for $40 to $60 at my local auto recycler ... don't know if prices are different in your area ... saves the wait and the eBay shipping

Regards,
    Taz
    Yes they are ridiculously expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    the tb is back in action.

only aftermarket option is the remote start, which I didnt know it had. I've flashed this thing many times before with success everytime. I have the original pcm, will need to setup a bench harnes for it. Bought a used pcm and had the dealer flash it for $150. Not too shabby, they must be light on work.

Thanks for all the help to everyone.
    Before doing any efilive tuning have you ever had your pcm reflashed with the latest modification (Updated the OS) from the dealer??
    2002 4.2L I6 Trailblazer LTZ

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234