Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man (PCM) Down

In need of more ideas here. I've tried every which way to reflash this and no luck. I've tried files from 2 years ago and no progress.
    Making tires smoke since 1994
    Grand Junction CO

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Thanks for the help!!

The PCM is in Dead poll mode, which is better than dead.
    some more insight: i have a charger connected to guarentee 12v, Onstar and radio fuses are removed, doors are shut and all accessories are turned off, all stock components, no bose system.

I've had this happen before on other vehicles but it has always been a easy recovery process. My TB is really testing my patience this time around.

I havent flashed this vehicle for about 8 months and the only known changes are the EFILive software and firmware updates. I am looking more to the software as an issue. I flashed a LB7 Dmax and changed the Allison TCM last Saturday with no issue.

So Taz again thank you for the responses.
    Grand Junction CO

Any other ideas. At this point I am going to drag it to the dealer for a reflash
    Grand Junction CO

Lifetime Member

Disconnect the positive battery cable ... then hold the positive cable to ground (anything that's clean metal) for few seconds ... should remove any residual energy in the system ... leave disconnected for 15 minutes ... reconnect and try again ..

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Disconnect the positive battery cable ... then hold the positive cable to ground (anything that's clean metal) for few seconds ... should remove any residual energy in the system ... leave disconnected for 15 minutes ... reconnect and try again ..

Regards,
    Taz
    I let it sit for about 45 mins like this and still no luck.
    Grand Junction CO

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I let it sit for about 45 mins like this and still no luck.
    Did you try flashing after this...?

Also, maybe try pulling the BCM fuse and then try flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did you try flashing after this...?

Also, maybe try pulling the BCM fuse and then try flashing.
    Also pulled the BCM and no luck.

I am still going with the idea that without being able to full flash the calibration and os back into the P10 when a failure occurs, you are stuck unless you have a tech2. Hopefully this will be rectified if this is correct..
    Grand Junction CO

Lifetime Member

I wish so badly we could full flash the P10s, but EFILive said there were some comms between the main CPU and the ETC CPU they couldnt figure out so they couldnt allow full flashing.

Ive had a few P10s fail badly, but been able to recover all of them. Worst one is my friends 04, aftermarket stereo, alarm, etc and I spent 45mins one time constantly rebooting my laptop and reconnecting my V2 to it before it finally let me do it.

Did you get it fixed yet? What error is it giving you, do you have any aftermarket electronics on your TB?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I wish so badly we could full flash the P10s, but EFILive said there were some comms between the main CPU and the ETC CPU they couldnt figure out so they couldnt allow full flashing.

Ive had a few P10s fail badly, but been able to recover all of them. Worst one is my friends 04, aftermarket stereo, alarm, etc and I spent 45mins one time constantly rebooting my laptop and reconnecting my V2 to it before it finally let me do it.

Did you get it fixed yet? What error is it giving you, do you have any aftermarket electronics on your TB?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post

Took TB to dealer. Explained to them to reflash only, been a couple hours now and getting nervous. Nothing aftermarket at all on it.

I though about this some more and even though the battery is about 2 years old I think it could've dropped voltage during the flash which caused this mess. After the intial disaster I will typically connect a charger to the vehicle to maintain 12v but not having full flash capability with the P10 and EFILIVE nit is going to hurt when the bill shows.

I think the key to this case is fact that the battery lost power, so going forward it would be crucial to connect a charger
    Grand Junction CO

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast