Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting up my LC1 using a TAQ Cable

Default Setting up my LC1 using a TAQ Cable

I just installed my LC1 this evening. I also purchased a TAQ cable for it, LINK. Is there anything I need to know besides what's found in the TAQ cable instructions, LINK? I'm assuming that with this cable, I will not have to use the brown or yellow analog outputs at all, correct?

No need for the analog wires unless you want them.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

With this cable (serial comms), there is no need to connect the yellow or brown wires to V2;

( the yellow wire can be used to provide an NBO2 emulation signal to the PCM; the brown wire can be used to drive an analog gauge )

Serial comms connection gives you the pids WO2AFR1, WO2LAM1, WO2EQR1, WO2ST1, BEN1... use these instead of the AFR/BEN pids specific to a wideband.

Speaking of serial BEN, how about adding a serial EQ BEN to the next software update.

PHP Code:
    #Units           Low      High       Fmt       Expression
    #------------ -------- ----------- -------- ---------------------------------------------
    *CLC-00-007
    factor          0.00      2.00        .2        
    "({GM.EQIVRATIO}/{EXT.WO2EQR1})"        
    =========================================================================================
    #Code                  PRN         SLOT            Units          System      Description
    #------------------- ----------- -------------- --------------- ----------- -------------
    CALC.EQ_BEN           F007        CLC-00-007      factor            Fuel       "EQ BEN" 
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

I followed the instruction for the TAQ cable, as linked in the first post. I can watch my AFRs realtime on the V2, so I know the LC1's working.

I've now gone into Scan Tool and created both the AutoVE map and Average AFR map.

I've already finished a CalcVE tune. Where do I proceed to from here to tune my WOT AFRs and spark?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEN1.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	316.9 KB 
ID:	9301

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Average AFR.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	316.3 KB 
ID:	9300

Are you planning on running MAF'd...?

If so, then do AutoMAF tune...

to do AutoMAF, follow AutoVE but with: MAF enabled, B0120 set to 400 rpm, and create a BEN map that matches B5001 (use Paste Labels).

After airmass source has been wideband corrected (VE and/or MAF, depending on what you plan on running, SD or MAF), the wideband AFR matches the commanded AFR...

so you simply set the desired WOT AFR in B3618 (and enable PE)...

if you have dyno time: first adjust the WOT AFR for best torque... then adjust spark to lowest timing that gives best torque without knock...

LS heads have fast burn chambers so timing typically is less than SBC.

Here's my first log with the LC1. I was concerned about going lean at WOT, but am actually a little rich. I am getting considerable KR though, 8.0. Is it normal to go that lean on decel?

AFR_001.efi

Wideband shows your WOT has a suitable AFR, but wideband AFR does not match commanded AFR, so need to filter and apply this BEN to the VE table (if this log was taken while running OLSD).

The large lean jumps on decel are due to DFCO being enabled... I usually disable DFCO during tuning, but you can filter it out.

You might try going a little richer, say to 12.5, to see if the knock stops... was the knock audible...?

Your KR waveform doesn't have a tight sawtooth pattern (it shows a minor sawtooth pattern, but it doesn't seem like knock to me).

I see a consistent KR jump when above 6000 rpm, might be valvetrain noise, or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	9315  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast