Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead p10 pcm!!!

Well, I've got a brick of a PCM. I had a 10 minute window last night to try adjusting the speedometer. It failed at about 15K during the write and I have not been able to to get it to take a program for either laptop now. I've tried a few copies of the stock tune from both computers and still fails at 15K giving the checksum error.

I went out and bought a battery charger this morning. The battery is now charged to 100%. Still no good. I've probably tried it somewhere around 35 to 40 times now.

I've pulled the radio fuse and the HVAC fuses. Where is this elusive BCM fuse???

One thing I should note is that I am running version 2.4 on my V2. I've tried updating the firmware, and unless there is some other way of doing it, the V8 software only detects the USB connection to the V2. It does the same thing on either laptop. Can someone just email the firmware and bootblock updates? Will that work?

Any other thoughts? I have a wideband O2 that I was planning to install in the blazer to see what I could do to improve the mileage. However, with as unreliable as this is turning out to be, I'm now thinking about just buying a PCM tuned by PCM4Less and leaving it. The only thing the V2 has done with 100% reliability is read codes. Rather expensive code reader. This is very frustrating to say the least.
    2003 Trailblazer LS

To update from 2.04.xx is a detailed process, please read attached very carefully before proceeding.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well, I'm running V7.5.6, I updated the V2 to firmware 2.06.41 and boot block to 2.06.03. Still getting the same checksum error at 15/16K. I've tried the same stock cal that worked once before several days ago on the laptop that did work that happens to be running Windows 7 64 bit. Will give the other laptop one more try now that the V2 is updated.
    2003 Trailblazer LS

No luck with the other laptop running Xp 32bit. Still getting the same checksum error at 15/16k. It doesn't seem to make any difference which file I try to load. I even tried a stock tune file that I saved out back in 2007, even though I never did anything with EFILive tuning until last week when I had the larger tires put on it.

What do I need to do to try (if possible) programming the PCM just using the V2? I have a 1 gig SD card in the V2 and it is already formatted. I'd like to get this PCM working with the stock tune and keep it for a spare. Hopefully PCM for less will have one they can program and send me. I'll still have to take it to the dealer for a CASE relearn as I understand we cannot do this on the LL8. Looks like this checksum error problem is gonna check sum cash out of my wallet.
    2003 Trailblazer LS

Lifetime Member

Use LS1 PCM to do a CASE, select LS1 PCM and connect, then do a CASE. Heard it works from Jesse at Wait4Me, havent verified.

BBF can be done, save the tune as a .ctd in V7.5 then copy it to your V2 and set up the BBX section in V8 with P10 reading/flashing.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Use LS1 PCM to do a CASE, select LS1 PCM and connect, then do a CASE. Heard it works from Jesse at Wait4Me, havent verified.

BBF can be done, save the tune as a .ctd in V7.5 then copy it to your V2 and set up the BBX section in V8 with P10 reading/flashing.
    Thanks. I'll ry to find out more about the CASE before paying to have it done. The blazer goes in for an alignment and they quoted me 60 to 95 for a CASE relearn. The new pcm should be in tomorrow.

I'll try the BBX tuning. Hopefully it will work!
    2003 Trailblazer LS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12