Thread: 2005 silverado 5.3 need some tuning pointers

Default 2005 silverado 5.3 need some tuning pointers

hey whats up guys. Im clearly new to this, and was hoping to get some pointers, or possibly a tune for my truck. i have a 2005 5.3l silverado, looking to still run 87. I am hoping to get what ever performance i can, engine and tranny wise without blowing the thing out of the water. Thanks, Eric

Lifetime Member

Hello Eric,

The thread below will help you understand making changes to your transmission tune ...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-Trans.-Tuning

That's generally a reasonably safe and easy way to get used to the tuning software.

If the engine is completely stock, there is not a lot of extra power to found via tuning alone. If you have some bolt on upgrades - cold air intake, headers and / or a cat back exhaust system. Then tuning will certainly augment these.

Regards,
    Taz

ok cool, thanks a lot taz. I have catback and intake, but i pretty much came into this knowing i wasnt going to be able to get much extra power out of it. I would just like to buff it all up, and hopefully get whatever i can out of it

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Whiteboy:

Welcome to the forum.

As always I would suggest reading through as many of the Tutorials and old threads that are applicable to your vehicle.

While not exactly applicable to your vehicle/OS I have included a Base Tune for LS1's in the following thread:http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....eginners-Tunes

It gives one a general template on what changes to make to a Base Tune, and perhaps most importantly what not to change..

..Good luck..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Whiteboy - up until June of this year, I had a 2005 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 that I modified the tune on (picked up a new GMC Sierra) - was able to get some great throttle response, etc with some tweaks. Would be glad to share that tune for you to compare to yours.

Bird