Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock LLY emission settings?

Default Stock LLY emission settings?

SMOG is a Bitch!

I need help, I would like to know what the stock emission settings are for a 2005 LLY.

Thanks,

Hi jauregui welcome to the forum

Did you save a copy of your original calibration file (that you read out from the ECM)...?

I did, I just don't know if those setting were tampered with befor I got the truck.

When I took the truck in the guy looked at it before he put the truck through. He told me that his computer is reading the EGR- not supported and the Catalytic- not supported. Is he wrong? Or what do I have to do? Would it help if I sent my stock to you?

Lifetime Member
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Thanks bballer182

so I checked several of tunes Engine diagnostics settings (DTC Test Enablers and DTC MIL Enablers), compared them to my tume and they look identical as far as I can tell. Man i don't get it.

Lifetime Member

I'd say it's a problem with their equipment. Do they know it's a diesel? Are you sure you actually have to get it smog tested? In OR we don't have to take diesels or anything with a GVWR of 8500# or more through DEQ.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

That sounds strange. Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by jauregui View Post
    I did, I just don't know if those setting were tampered with befor I got the truck.

When I took the truck in the guy looked at it before he put the truck through. He told me that his computer is reading the EGR- not supported and the Catalytic- not supported. Is he wrong? Or what do I have to do? Would it help if I sent my stock to you?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

From what I understand the smog tech has the ability to perform an OBDII readiness check I’m guessing a generic check he performs before he actually smogs the truck or car diesel or gas as a courtesy. What he did not understand was that EGR, and the Catalyst sections had a “not supported” he states that he should be reading “ready” or something like that. I asked him, if the fact that my truck is an out of state truck makes a difference? He did not know. So I looked at my stock tune under Engine Diagnostics, DTC Test Enablers, there is only three possible settings A: 1 Trip, Emissions Related, B: 2 Trip, Emissions Related, or C: NONE Emissions Related. I understand how he is seeing the EGR not supported because it is set to C. As for the Catalyst I don’t see anything for it on my tune I am guessing it’s a gas thing, well I hope. So all of this was driving me crazy until bballer182 sent me a link to diesel place and I went through almost all the LLY stock tunes and most all of those tunes were identical to my tune. Some did have the EGR settings to B: 2 Trip, Emissions Related, and I bet those are trucks come with the CA. emissions. I have not gone back to the smog shop, but when I do I’ll just have him run it see what happens.

Do not tell him that you have the ability to edit those... if he asks, just tell him the dealer flashed it with an updated calibration.

Where are you located (approximately)...?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast