Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 LML Duramax Tuning Please.

Lifetime Member

Default 2011 LML Duramax Tuning Please.

I know you guys/gals are busy and tried to look into this new computer. This is just a "don't forget about us" reminder.

Thanks,
    Adam
    2007.5 RCLB 4x4 WT LMM 8594OS

Cindy said after the first of the year they will start looking at it again.

I can't wait..
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML 4x4 LTZ-Black
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

2012 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Quote Originally Posted by duramaximizer View Post
    I know you guys/gals are busy and tried to look into this new computer. This is just a "don't forget about us" reminder.

Thanks,
    Adam

please give us LML capability !!!

Please, write to GM and ask them to remove the ridiculous restrictions they have imposed on this ECM then we will do something about it
    Now, before you reply with "To add tuning support why don't you......", have a read through THIS thread.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thumbs down

Any ideas as to why GM is being a turd about the ECM? Is this the future for all ECM controlled vehicles? I sure hope not, or I'm going to be driving my LBZ for a long time:wallbash

don't trade your LBZ away

my $.02

03 Silverado 5.3 ECSB 4x4 Z71
    Comp Cam 206/212 .515/.522 112 lSA, hardened rods with LS9 springs

2010 Tahoe VVT AFM 5.3
    Stock for now

Naw, I gotta pay it off first!

Quote Originally Posted by jkf View Post
    Any ideas as to why GM is being a turd about the ECM? Is this the future for all ECM controlled vehicles? I sure hope not, or I'm going to be driving my LBZ for a long time:wallbash
    I think its more about the factory DSP2 style system that the factory exhaust brake uses that can't be read without using some proprietary GM software or whatever ..

I'm sure in time there will be tuning support available, the early Cummins 24V trucks went through this a decade ago but became available in the end.

I get the feeling that EFILive is more interested in the Cummins trucks now and getting their 3 product releases out..and we have been pushed to the wayside.

Maybe HPtuners will take the lead on the LML ...

From what I understand, since EFI Live cannot read out the cal in the ECM. THat means that you as the owner cannot legally obtain a calibration to modify, therefore closing the door to tuning. From what I understand, to get the cal out of the ECM takes a small act of god, like prying your PCM open and inserting pins onto the chip to get the cal out, defenitely not for the Joe Homeowner tuner, which account for prolly 98% of the people tuning the Duramax's. HP Tuners is taking the same stance as EFI Live as mega million dollar lawsuits from GM and Bosch are not a cool thing!!!
    As far as EFI Live forgetting about you, I will say that is NOT true, they are a business and if there is money to be made, they are going to go after it. If there was a legal way to obtain the calibration, they would be on it like white on rice, but since there is not, they cannot support the LML's at this time. You wanna talk about being forgot, buy a '98.5-'02 Cummins powered Dodge, that is being forgot about!!!
    I am not trying to piss in anyones wheaties, just want to say that EFI Live has not forgot about anyone, just can't do what you want with the restrictions GM placed on the PCM's. If you have to blame anyone, call Detroit and bitch at GM!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Default H&S stepped up

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    From what I understand, since EFI Live cannot read out the cal in the ECM. THat means that you as the owner cannot legally obtain a calibration to modify, therefore closing the door to tuning. From what I understand, to get the cal out of the ECM takes a small act of god, like prying your PCM open and inserting pins onto the chip to get the cal out, defenitely not for the Joe Homeowner tuner, which account for prolly 98% of the people tuning the Duramax's. HP Tuners is taking the same stance as EFI Live as mega million dollar lawsuits from GM and Bosch are not a cool thing!!!
    As far as EFI Live forgetting about you, I will say that is NOT true, they are a business and if there is money to be made, they are going to go after it. If there was a legal way to obtain the calibration, they would be on it like white on rice, but since there is not, they cannot support the LML's at this time. You wanna talk about being forgot, buy a '98.5-'02 Cummins powered Dodge, that is being forgot about!!!
    I am not trying to piss in anyones wheaties, just want to say that EFI Live has not forgot about anyone, just can't do what you want with the restrictions GM placed on the PCM's. If you have to blame anyone, call Detroit and bitch at GM!!!

Mike

**After the FTC just released a statement backing up use of aftermarket Mfg's products, you'd think they'd have more....guts than this.

At least for now, H&S has stepped up to the plate and is doing tuning on the LML.

...So, it is possible to read the stock tune without any crazy physical manipulation/modification of the computer but EFILive either hasn't figured it out or is too scared so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast