Thread: Cummins BETA..

Default Cummins BETA..

Hello, I am Les.
    I am the lead dyno tuner for Left Coast Diesel in Concord Ca. I am VERY excited to see this come to life for the Cummins crowd.
    I have been a loyal Smarty tuner for the past 3 years, and enjoy all that Marco has offered, but I feel that the introduction of EFI Live to the Cummins crowd will drastically change the diesel performance world.

I plan on following this as closely as I possibly can, and reading as much tutorial information as humanly possible, so that I can provide the best support and customer/personal satisfaction as I can.

If anyone has helpful advise/info on how to contact the software engineers, to possibly get a hold of a BETA product that would be great. I have 3-4 2006+ CR Cummins at my disposal along with unlimited access to a Dyno Jet Dyno, to do as much testing/learning/feedback as possible.

I am sure with myself being a "Newbie" to the EFI crowd, not much merrit will be given to my wishes...but I do hope that with the release of this product for BETA, and ensuing public release, I am able to obtain as much knowledge and information as possible.

Thanks for your time
    Les
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Les, welcome to the forum

Hi Les,

When it comes to beta testing the Cummins it will be hard for us to trying to accommodate everyone. Part of what we don't want is problems caused by unfamiliarity of the EFILive tuning process. Now you have to appreciate that there is tuners out there who have been using EFILive on the Duramax for many years who are also itching to be beta testers. When our experienced users have let us know everything is stable then we would certainly be looking to get some new users on board for testing.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Understood...I was just wanted to let you guys know that I have the means to test and tune several trucks that are specific to your product at my disposal, with owners who are well aware of the consequences of BETA tuning.

I understand that there are D max guys who are well versed in tuning with your product, but that they went always that way.

They too had to be given a chance to experiment with your product to get to be as good as they are.

Im not trying to stir a pot, merely just stating me case.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

Trust me Les it's not about favouritism, it's about getting the product to market as quick as possible.
    It's no different to our gasser market, like the new ECM's we introduced support for recently, we needed people testing them who knew the process to read / flash / log in their sleep, if one of those things failed then they had a pretty good idea on what might be wrong rather than our development team chasing a problem that might be from user error.
    This is no different, after sales support for new users is a different story than beta testing software that might (or might not) have issues, I'm trying not to come over negative towards new users and I hope you understand where I am coming from as there is really two stages to beta testing with two different user bases to be considered.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I completely understand...maybe I worded it incorrectly.
    I'm not complaining or calling you out in any way.

Basically just want to throw my hat in the ring as far as wanting to ve apart of helping out in any way.

And that I have unlimited access to both trucks and a dyno for testing.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

I would love to do some testing if you need GMPX i have been tuning duramax trucks for a few years and i have several customers with cummins that are good friends and i know would love to let me use their trucks. Let me know if you need anything done i am willing to help.
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com