Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RePost

Default RePost

I've instaled a couple dozen Custom OS's on the low side. Now ever since I upgraded to 7.3 and the new cal's the Eight I've tried since have failed to start. All the vehicles have failed to start because they were flooded.

See the script attached... Currently I haven't been able to get a vehicle to start using a #3 version of the custom OS. Wondering why...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question

I had the same problem and B3647 was in the wrong units. My car would not even start. I had 14.7 in there and should of been 1.0. I am also using OS 3.

Bill
    Last edited by BowlingSS; December 11th, 2005 at 07:58 AM.
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Good guess BowlingSS, but thats not it. I'm hoping that the cal files were corrupted during the download process. I've got another tune to do today so I'll find out.

Good luck. Hope you find it soon.

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

move table b3604 to all 14.7 It should fix that rich start up issue.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Now I don't feel as bad knowing I am not the only one that had a no start V7.3 custom OS issue!

Still don't know what it was as Jesse bailed me out with another file!

Howard

Did this fix the problem?

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

I took this from a running stock tune. Left the values alone as it started without the custom OS. With the custom OS it was a non starter. I think I tried this already but I'll give it a go today and report my results

I see your point MN C5, if you have a tune that started fine before, then I doubt it has anything to do with "normal" tables that haven't been changed. I would look more into the additional OS tables as well as maybe something different about the coding that is causing the trouble. I would say that if it started fine previously and you copied it over to the new OS identically, then it has to be in the Custom Calibrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    I would say that if it started fine previously and you copied it over to the new OS identically, then it has to be in the Custom Calibrations.
    May not be. For what it's worth, I noticed that when switching from Mass Air to Speed Density, the VE table has to be changed considerably-- even if there are no other changes. Can't speak for Custom OS3, I've been playing with OS2. I did a straight conversion from stock to Custom OS and the car ran the same. Switched from MAF to SD, and had to completely redo the VE table to richen things up.

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    May not be. For what it's worth, I noticed that when switching from Mass Air to Speed Density, the VE table has to be changed considerably-- even if there are no other changes. Can't speak for Custom OS3, I've been playing with OS2. I did a straight conversion from stock to Custom OS and the car ran the same. Switched from MAF to SD, and had to completely redo the VE table to richen things up.
    If it was done before wihtout a maf and started fine, put the Custom OS in and it doesn't, then its in the OS. 90% of us don't know what a MAF is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast