Thread: Auto VE tuning question (long)

Lifetime Member

Default Auto VE tuning question (long)

When I'm doing AutoVE tuning on a 99 how can I tell which VE table it's using and how do I make sure both tables are correct?

Also, I'm having trouble with the AFR going really lean, 18 or 19 as soon as map goes past 65 or RPMs go part 3500. The numbers in the lower left corner of the main VE table are over 110 and I assume the engine can't flow that much air so does that mean I have the injector table set wrong or what.

The injectors are supposed to Ford Red Tops and I had scaled the injector flow rate from 4.65 to 5.10. Now that I can get to the internet and find the spreadsheet, it says I should scale from 4.36 to 4.78. I guess that could be the problem.

And the last problem is while it seemed to be working, the numbers seemed to bounce a bit. first pass put the AFR at low RPM and throttle about right, next pass put them lean. Would that be caused by the injector table being off.

I'm working on a dyno so I can hold an RPM setting and then just wait for the count to reach 50. How many different RPM points in each cell should I try for?

I aslo set the cars weight to 7000 pounds to increase the time spent at each point while accelerating slowly which I figured would tend to make sure I hit lots of RPM points in each cell but it still seemed to want to bounce around a lot.

The motor has longtubes, no cats, some decent cam, ported heads, FAST intake and a really big individual port injected nitrous setup. And I keep the nitrous turned off for now!

Ira

Lifetime Member

The VE table values change a fair bit with airtemps, so you dont want to spend to much time under load also the fuel tends to heat up and affect the readings as well so make sure you keep the tank over half.
    I normally only do a few cells at a time before I let it cool down.
    Sounds like you have the inj scaling way off.
    \"You Can Never Have Enough Horsepower\"