Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 98 411 swap now tranny acting up!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Once everything is working correctly, it is good idea to undertake a crank learn, idle learn, and BCM link (if you are using one).

If memory serves the ZZ4 cam you’re using is a 208 / 221 grind on a 114 lobe separation angle. These generally produce a “flat” torque curve, and usually idle fairly well.

Regards,
    Taz
    Mr. Taz what is a BCM link? The cam specs sound right and it does produce a flat torque curve, it is a pretty smooth idle just a little chop. The previous PCM was a black box with a Wheatley 93 oct tune.
    98 silverado 4wd excb 5.7l, zz4 cam,roller rockers, shorty headers, 0411 swap, Flash Scan V1 commercial

Lifetime Member

If the vehicle the “0411” PCM was transplanted into has a BCM (Body Control Module) - these two modules need to “communicate” for the VTD / VATS (anti-theft) system to function.

You can use the software to establish the link, or use the ignition key on / off sequence method.

Not sure if your 1998 Silverado BCM uses Class-2 or PWM communication protocol.

In the PCM tune you can set G1201 to Class-2, PWM, or none.

Regards,
    Taz

The Vats is disabled I do know that. Other then that you are way over my head at this point in time :bang:. I noticed last night that something was making noises and the recric button indicator light was switching between on and off.

Another thought with this cam and roller rockers it is pretty noisy, do you think it is setting off my knock sensor? The reason I ask is I keep getting a miss fire code IIRC P0300.
    98 silverado 4wd excb 5.7l, zz4 cam,roller rockers, shorty headers, 0411 swap, Flash Scan V1 commercial

Default My tune

02 xpress van with some mods. Im working on a bug that is not letting me log my truck.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by haulinit; November 16th, 2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Lifetime Member

OK…Manuals and Tutorials were probably downloaded to C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc\ - there should be about a dozen *.pdf files. Instructions for Crank Position Sensor Relearn (sometimes referred to as CASE) is in the Scan Tool user manual - pages 152 & 153.

The misfire DTC may because the crank relearn has not been completed. Give the link below a read …

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-crank-relearn

Hold off on any knock sensor adjustments until you get the crank learn completed.

Also, not sure what MAF sensor you’re using – assuming the stock 1998 Silverado. The values are different between MAFs on a 1998 Silverado and a 2002 Express.

Copy the MAF values from your original Vortec PCM tune (B6345) to the new 0411 PCM tune (B5001) – should help out a little with your current fueling issues.

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    OK…Manuals and Tutorials were probably downloaded to C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc\ - there should be about a dozen *.pdf files. Instructions for Crank Position Sensor Relearn (sometimes referred to as CASE) is in the Scan Tool user manual - pages 152 & 153.

The misfire DTC may because the crank relearn has not been completed. Give the link below a read …

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-crank-relearn

Hold off on any knock sensor adjustments until you get the crank learn completed.

Also, not sure what MAF sensor you’re using – assuming the stock 1998 Silverado. The values are different between MAFs on a 1998 Silverado and a 2002 Express.

Copy the MAF values from your original Vortec PCM tune (B6345) to the new 0411 PCM tune (B5001) – should help out a little with your current fueling issues.

Regards,
    Taz
    Thank you sir, I found the ckp procedure. I will have to change the maf settings thanks.

Default Log file Tell me what you think!

This is a log after I did the CASE relearn. I'm still getting a miss fire P0300 code on code start up. I also noticed that im getting some KR at 100% TPS. I have not had chance to get the MAF tables but I have a buddy that I might be able to get it from his ECM.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Attached a 1998 Sierra tune as a reference for you ...

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

PCM predominantly uses the MAF input to calculate air mass above 4000 RPMs. If your current KR is mainly at WOT, it may be due to a lean AFR caused by incorrect MAF values.

Copy over the 1998 Sierra MAF values and see if that helps.

Regarding the misfire DTC during a cold start – you will definitely need to due some tuning for your particular engine component combination once you have completed the initial shakedown of things.

There is an excellent idle tuning thread by WeathermanShawn. Also have a look at the AutoVe tutorial that would have downloaded with the software.

Regards,
    Taz

Thanks Mr. Taz you are a life saver! I'm very new to tuning. Don't I need a WBo2 for the auoVE to work properly? I plan to get one, when the budget permits. I really appreciate all your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast