Thread: General Tune Install Help

Default General Tune Install Help

I want to make sure I am doing this right...
    First, my vehicle is an 05 GMC Sierra 4.8l. I have recieved my tune file via email and copied the .ctd file to my autocal and into my tune file folder in the EFILive Explorer. Now from what I understand, all I need to do is pug the autocal in with the ignition turned to run and scroll to the file name for my tune and press ok. Am I right so far?

At this point the device says "starting" and then "checking" and makes it to 100% and gives me the $0536 error. I have tried tuning the truck with the key in every position including leaving it out of the ignition.

I then reprogramed the autocal again after having copied the tune files just because the person I bought the device and tune from asked me to and it still gave me the error.

What do I do?
    Help me please???

Lifetime Member

Welcome!

So you have EFILive V8 software downloaded on your computer I take it, do you know what version of the software? (When you open V8 Scan & Tune it will say "EFILive Scan and Tune - Version 8.1.2 Build 12x", currently it is build 126) With the AutoCal plugged into your computer, open EFILive V8 S&T and then click the little FlashScan/AutoCal icon that appears in the notifications area (by the taskbar clock). Click F6: Firmware on the left side, and see if you need to update the firmware and/or bootblock. Once you've done this, then back in the V8 S&T main window click F5: BBX, then click F3: Tune. Double click an unused entry, name it something like "My Sierra", then select the module type to be "LS1 Gen III 99-08 PCM". Click OK, then click the red Program button. This will upload the proper files to your AutoCal that let you read and write your PCM. Take the AC back to your truck, FIRST READ your PCM!!! Then you can flash in the tune.

EDIT: Looks like I should have paid attention to the error code, $0536 is "*.ctd file is not registered to this AutoCal device." This means your tuner did not save the *.ctd file with his FlashScan serial number embedded into it or did not link your AutoCal unit to his. Ask him to re-save the file with the embed option selected and try it again.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I did read the pcm first. My tuner said he did choose the option that would allow me to tune with my autocal...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by evaddc2 View Post
    I did read the pcm first. My tuner said he did choose the option that would allow me to tune with my autocal...
    Bummer, then it means he didnt link his FlashScan to your AutoCal, right now I dont think there is a way to remotely do this so you might have to send your AC back to him so he can do that. Does he have a few FSs by chance, could he have linked it to a different one?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.