Thread: Starts, reduced power, and then dies...

Default Starts, reduced power, and then dies...

hey guys. working on a supercharged C5 z06. I have followed the custom OS pdf file and rescaled for the larger injectors(60lb) and 2bar map sensor. Im not sure why but I cannot get the car to stay running, it will start with some help with the throttle pedal and i can rev it up a bit but it always goes into reduced power and dies. I have increased the ETC table by a bunch and have tried to adjust the VE table both ways. The car ran fine with the 1bar sensor and just rescaling the injectors, it was drivable. ever since going 2bar and the COS i cannot get it to run.

Here is the tune file

custom_take_2_0007.tun

Hi snax,

Can you also post some log files showing DYNCYLAIR and DYNAIR.

What other DTC's do you get...?

You may have to edit the MAP sanity table.

Default Other comments (not related)

Also, these are out-of-range: A0001, A0002, A0012, A0013.

Fixing Out Of Range Cells:
    showpost.php?p=87052 post #14
    showthread.php?14119-3000-RPM-max-and-setting-codes-03-Z06-with-Magnuson-at-150kPa posts #14, #17
    showthread.php?14654-I-need-help-getting-the-most-out-of-my-car post#2

Also, the 105kPa columns of both VE tables should be identical.

well...turns out I had more issues than I thought. After I posted that tune file I opened it up ad saw that those tables were out of range, I corrected all of that and it still had the same issue. I logged the startup and noticed that the MAP values were going UP when the car was started, all the way upto 160KPA before it dies. Turns out we were given the wrong map sensor, it must be a 1bar. I changed the MAP scaler back to 90 and the car ran fine. So I guess I just need the correct 2 bar sensor, it is on order.

BUT while I was reflashing it working on some driveability tuning the ECM crashed. I have not been able to recover it since. I have tried BB flashing, recovering ECU, full reflash, and cal reflash...all in the car and with a bench harness also. It is giving me a boot loader rejected error. when i try to bb flash it gives me error $0322. all 7.5 and 8.0 software / firmware is upto date and has been verified. I can still flash other cars so this isnt a major hardware issue. When i select recover ECU from the full reflash page it gives me the error of "ecu in an unknown state"

Any other way to recover this ECU?

The $0322 error description is "A request was made by FlashScan or AutoCal and the controller was not able or ready to handle the request.". If you're not able to flash it on a bench harness there is a pretty good chance the PCM has failed. It sounds like you have tried all of available means to resolve. Probably time for a new PCM :(
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The $0322 error description is "A request was made by FlashScan or AutoCal and the controller was not able or ready to handle the request.". If you're not able to flash it on a bench harness there is a pretty good chance the PCM has failed. It sounds like you have tried all of available means to resolve. Probably time for a new PCM :(
    Can a Tech2 possibly be used to reflash this ecu?

I don't believe it would work. Basically I don't believe the bootloader is valid in the PCM which is why FlashScan can;t determine the state of it. A TechII is not likely to be able to communicate with it either (it would need to do the same thing as FlashScan basically). You could always give it a try if you wanted, but don;t be disappointed it if fails also.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snax View Post
    when i try to bb flash it gives me error $0322.
    That indicates the ECM is still able to communicate with FlashScan, so that is a good sign that it is not 100% brain dead.
    How far into the reflash did it fail?
    Were you doing a full relfash or a cal-only refalsh?

Can you send the *.blx files of the failed reflash attempts to me at paul@efilive.com
    See this article for more info...
    http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...8254-QOGC-9586 (under the heading "Further Support").

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.