Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should I buy ?

Default should I buy ?

I have recently bought a VE SS MY10 6L 6man . It is going in for exhaust - OTRCAI - dyno tune with efi live.
    I am considering buying V2 and running it with a small 10inch netbook all the time. ?

I won't be doing any tuning initially but want the ability to as i learn more about the subject, but till then still want to log data so I can go back to my tuner every so often for updates.

Guess what I'm asking is it worth the money as a tool ? I have bought as expensive tools for other things so it's not overly expensive to me. I'm in Aus so OZTrack is my local , and I can get for around $900 or $1100 with initial set up support. Plus $400 for netbook.

I suggest it.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

I should also mention that I am running dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges that plug into the CAN port. Can i still run V2 efilive at the same time ,

I wouldn't imagine you run two scan tools on the CAN bus at the same time. Are the existing gauges displaying anything that your couldn't get in EFILive?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

the gauges scan through various parameters but only have a record function of around 1min 15 sec for 1/4 mile runs .

Lifetime Member

I don't know what OTRCAI is ?? but I don't really think you have enough mods to NEED a v2.
    I mean I think it's a good idea for every body !! I looked at those gauges and I really like them
    but the web site doesn't say if their OBD2 plug is a Pass Through or not. Maybe call them.

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    I don't know what OTRCAI is ?? but I don't really think you have enough mods to NEED a v2.
    I mean I think it's a good idea for every body !! I looked at those gauges and I really like them
    but the web site doesn't say if their OBD2 plug is a Pass Through or not. Maybe call them.
    OTRCAI=Over The Radiator Cold Air Intake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L76 intake.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	9507  
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by conrodss View Post
    the gauges scan through various parameters but only have a record function of around 1min 15 sec for 1/4 mile runs .
    You may not need V2... but it sure a fun tool to have (if you don't mind spending the money)...

it takes an SD card, so it can record any trip you make (yep, even across Oz the long way).

[ don't let me influence you, I'm extremely biased ]

it takes an SD card, so it can record any trip you make (yep, even across Oz the long way).
    are you an aussie living o/s ? this is the reason of getting it so I can log data then take it to my tuner and go over it and make corrections , this is how I will learn to use it to its full advantage , going to dedicate a couple (few) of weekends to reading this forum (or more the way I am) to get me strated logging data , not going to attempt any changes until I AM FULLY CONFIDENT .
    a bit of cart before the horse and picked up a nice 10.1 netbook that will sit nicely in the car.

Yes, I'm a Sydneysider living in Southern California at the moment... ]

To try out the software, you can download/install it from here: V7.5 software

More info on tuning, follow the links in my signature below:
    Last edited by joecar; November 30th, 2010 at 05:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast