Thread: need help please lly flashed and now is throwing cylinder2 misfire and injector..

Default need help please lly flashed and now is throwing cylinder2 misfire and injector..

hi there folks i just got efi live and flashed my truck to a dsp 5 tune. i wanted to make sure everything was cool so i flashed the truck with my stock tune changed to the new OS and dsp5 but not tunes in the dsp5 files just stock all the way through. after i did that my truck runs like crap and i used the scan tool and sure enough there was codes like cylinder 2 misfire and injector 2 over fuel and turbo charger over boost and turbo charger circuit failure and stuff. i havent even put the truck in drive. can anyone help me???.... 2004.5 lly chevy duramax w/ allison 5 speed. i also have the dsp5 switch installed the middle connector plug or the black plug on my ecm.
    2004.5 LLY
    stock internals and upgraded turbo housing and parts, 4" to 5" exhaust, dvd touchscreen radio with HD radio, 2" front lift and 3" back with bilsteins all around, EFI Live tuning and LP injection, have a stage 4 suncoast just not installed yet and HID lights for lows and highs.

used full flash not just the calibration flash to change computer
    2004.5 LLY
    stock internals and upgraded turbo housing and parts, 4" to 5" exhaust, dvd touchscreen radio with HD radio, 2" front lift and 3" back with bilsteins all around, EFI Live tuning and LP injection, have a stage 4 suncoast just not installed yet and HID lights for lows and highs.

Lifetime Member

Did you use the script to populate the stock tables in all of the DSP folders? If so did you ensure that you had selected and changed all of your tables to read in US Imperial units before running the script?

I would be willing to bet that's your problem...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

ok i figured it out and im stupid so sorry guys nut thank you for the help so fast
    2004.5 LLY

Lifetime Member

So what was the problem, so that other people can learn from your experience.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

My guess is that one of the harness plugs never got reseated.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    My guess is that one of the harness plugs never got reseated.
    Ah never thought of a hardware problem...

you were exactually right the black main ecm harness plug was loos casing some turbo codes and cylinder two to misfire. i broke that stupid green pin thing on the black ecm plug though making sure all the pins were set right. does anyoine know where i can get one of those?
    2004.5 LLY