Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autocal novice

Default Autocal novice

I've just received my autocal and followed instructions on software and downloads. I'm able to record data onto autocal and was also able to read tune from engine and transmission.
    Now I would like to know how to copy the files or tunes to my laptop for emailing purposes.
    I've downloaded efi explorer and can see the reads from pcm and trans controller as long as the autocal device is connected. Can I off load the info from the autocal to efi explorer?
    Also is there a format for emailing tunes to tuner or is it a simple copy and paste? If there are instructions for the info Im asking; where can I find it?.

Hi RULEMKR welcome to the forum

With AutoCal connected to vehicle, go down into the Tuning menu and read the ECM and TCM, wait for the progress bar to finish.

[ what vehicle...? ]

Connect AutoCal to your PC, start EE (EFILive Explorer), in the lower pane goto the Data Files tab...
    on the left side of the lower pane you should see folders named Scan and Tune;

click the Home button, this positions the upper pane (your PC's folder tree) to an appropriate place;

in the lower pane goto the Tune folder and goto the Read subfolder, you will see your read tune files...
    drag those files from the lower pane to the upper pane, a copy progress bar appears, wait for it to finish.

You then just email the .ctd files, maybe zip them up first (i.e. using Windows compressed folder or WinZip or WinRAR).

Thanks joecar, that did it. Also the vehicle is an 06/A6 vette. I will try and send files using windows compressed folder.

Did you buy your autocal from your tuner?

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Of course Chuck. I purchased my unit from you and am preparing for some A6 upgrades to my current tune. How's Orlando?

All Jet Blue flights were canceled, but It's monday now and I'm home... Give me a call and we'll get it done....

Chuck CoW

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,

This thread says to connect the AutoCal to a computer to allow saving/transferring the read cals through EFI Live Explorer. Is it not possible for the cal to be stored in the AutoCal so that the AutoCal may be sent to the tuner or the file(s) copied onto a desktop rather than having a computer in the car.

Lifetime Member

You could hassle sending the physical AC unit back to your tuner, but with email why bother? Email's essentially free, shipping a box even flat rate is $8 each way. Not sure what you mean in the last part of the last sentence, you can copy the *.ctd files from the AC to/from your PC however often you want and store them wherever on your PC you want. You have to use EFILive Explorer to copy the files to/from the AC though. I imagine most tuners put a tune or two onto an AC unit before shipping them, then for updates emailing is the easiest way.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Basically I am looking to be able to read a Cal from a car (without a computer in the car), take the AutoCal out of the car and transfer the Cal on the bench.
    I tune for a shop that doesn't have laptop in the shop only the counter computer in the showroom so there is no way to connect the AutoCal to a computer while in the car. As well I have others in remote areas or the owner of the vehicle just isn't computer savy so would like to be able to ship the AutoCal with the read Cal.

You're the tuner? Yes, you can do what you're asking about, but seems like a lot of work...

Chuck CoW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast