Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't flash tcm

Default can't flash tcm

I got a new tcm from gm. Now truck is in limp mode and no speedo. When I try to flash it I get a message" File size can't be determined" Any Ideas? Or do I have to take it to the dealer.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Is it "file size can't be determined" or is it "flash memory size can't be determined".
    If it is "flash memory size can't be determined", then you may be able to get it going if it is a 5 speed or early 6 speed (pre-2009) by full-flashing it.
    But if it is a late model (2009-2010) 6 speed, since FlashSCan does not support full flashing you would probably need to take it to a dealer to get the most up to date OS programmed into it.

If the error really is "file size can't be determined", then can you please provide some more context about when the error occurs and what you were doing in the software immediately before the error occured.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

It is an 07 Tcm that I got new from gm. I'll have to double check exactly what it said. I can read it just fine. I have tried full flashing it but I don't have any of the correct os to cal only flash it.

After you read the calibration does it show in the Tune Tool with tables, or is it indicating it is an unsupported TCM? What sort of TCM is it incidentally
    (i.e. assume a T43)?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    you may be able to get it going if it is a 5 speed or early 6 speed (pre-2009) by full-flashing it.
    But if it is a late model (2009-2010) 6 speed, since FlashSCan does not support full flashing you would probably need to take it to a dealer to get the most up to date OS programmed into it.
    Regards
    Paul
    Did i miss an update? we can full flash our 6speeds now?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

I thought calibration only on ones with bosch ecms except 09+ ?
    Last edited by rcr1978; December 18th, 2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: misread
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

You will need get the TCM flashed with GM's TIS first, I have no idea what OS is in those TCM's when new, usually GM don't supply new computers with anything functional in them.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    You will need get the TCM flashed with GM's TIS first, I have no idea what OS is in those TCM's when new, usually GM don't supply new computers with anything functional in them.
    so i take it that we can't full flash 6 speeds yet?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

No and probably won't happen due to the reasons discussed in the past.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No and probably won't happen due to the reasons discussed in the past.
    Whoa! what?! Please PM me i must have forgotten the location of this discussion or missed it completely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast