Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Idle (Transition) Tuning

I moved the IAC Effective area table down 4 places. Decel to Idle at(800rpm) allows the car to settle within a few swings between 600rpm and 900rpm. Once settled idle is really quite steady. Oh, added bonus with AC on car dies when almost stopped, stationary.

I'm excited to try bink posted idea's tonight. I've also read up on Throttle Cracker information; its unclear, so far, how that affects an ETC car like my Vette. The learning continues, thank you for all the information.

Kevin
    \'04 Z16 Corvette, AFR 205 heads, Comp 228/232 114+4 LSA custom cam, HS Rockers, Kooks 1 7/8\' headers, 3\" X-pipe, stock Ti tail section. \'98 Corvette Pace Car, \'04 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4X4.

Quote Originally Posted by Z16DNA
    I moved the IAC Effective area table down 4 places. Decel to Idle at(800rpm) allows the car to settle within a few swings between 600rpm and 900rpm. Once settled idle is really quite steady. Oh, added bonus with AC on car dies when almost stopped, stationary.

I'm excited to try bink posted idea's tonight. I've also read up on Throttle Cracker information; its unclear, so far, how that affects an ETC car like my Vette. The learning continues, thank you for all the information.

Kevin
    Suggest you try moving Effective Area 2 more places first. It sounds like the throttle blade is still searching a little.
    Have you logged desiac and maf gms to see if they are close after having made the change.
    Also, try timing, base spark in gear and park/neutral, using BI-D controls.
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

Thank you, I will try jfpilla additional suggestions also tonight. My lastest maf/iacdes results are as follows:

32 44 56 68 80 92 ETC
    (-2.44) (0) (-.19) (.17) (.24) (.13) Morning Run IAT 25-43C:

56 68 80 92 ETC
    (-1.85) (-.19) (.09) (-.19) Lunch Run IAT 40-48C:

Are these stable enough to use as actual measurements? And do they look reasonable?

Thank you,
    \'04 Z16 Corvette, AFR 205 heads, Comp 228/232 114+4 LSA custom cam, HS Rockers, Kooks 1 7/8\' headers, 3\" X-pipe, stock Ti tail section. \'98 Corvette Pace Car, \'04 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4X4.

Thank you, I will try jfpilla additional suggestions also tonight. My lastest maf/iacdes results are as follows:

32 44 56 68 80 92 ETC
    (-2.44) (0) (-.19) (.17) (.24) (.13) Morning Run IAT 25-43C:

56 68 80 92 ETC
    (-1.85) (-.19) (.09) (-.19) Lunch Run IAT 40-48C:

Are these stable enough to use as actual measurements? And do they look reasonable?

Thank you,
    How did it go with the changes?
    Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Bill, Sorry for the slow response. When car is warm ECT 190F and up, it idles fine. Up to the point it won't idle on it's own. I was thinking to use the new Idle PID's, but it doesn't appear they work on an ETC controlled vehicle. Autocrossed the car this last weekend, it runs great on the track. AFR's need a small amount of tweeking, but thats because I'm trying to be a perfectionist. Just can't seem to get this idle working correctly yet. Thank you for your information.

Bill, Sorry for the slow response. When car is warm ECT 190F and up, it idles fine. Up to the point it won't idle on it's own. I was thinking to use the new Idle PID's, but it doesn't appear they work on an ETC controlled vehicle. Autocrossed the car this last weekend, it runs great on the track. AFR's need a small amount of tweeking, but thats because I'm trying to be a perfectionist. Just can't seem to get this idle working correctly yet. Thank you for your information.
    I though I read they now work with the ETC. ANy news yet.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingSS
    I though I read they now work with the ETC. ANy news yet.

Bill
    I edited the idle transition writeup and wrote what I've found so far(see the link). What it enables us to do is line up maf g/s, desiac, maf freq, iaf and iap. I don't know what is the right value for ETC, if there is one for a moded car. The LS2 Pontiac uses .0365. I tried it, but could not get the tables to respond well. So far .0330 has worked best for me, as far as the tables lining up and very little learning over time.
    http://efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14728#14728
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

"Idle tuning" one of my projects today. First I'll re-verify what I've done so far, next reread idle tuning postings. My idle tuneing PID's work and I'm able to log Idle Calc. Logged then transferred data to new .tun. Logged again and got same data (offsets)? Like I said I should re-read postings to verify my actions. I'm looking into custom OS. I'd like V3 but only V2 is avail for my OS, as far as I can see. E-mail sent to Ross to see if I can get V3. Idle tuning is difficult, but I'm learning sooooo much. I'll report back what I find today.

I'm looking into custom OS. I'd like V3 but only V2 is avail for my OS, as far as I can see. E-mail sent to Ross to see if I can get V3.
    For others that are interested, 04 C5 and Trucks should be ready by mid next week.
    Why did GM use two different OS's for the C5, trucks and CTS-V's?? I have no idea, but it makes for about 5 or 6 that need to be done just for 2004 models :?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

"Idle tuning" one of my projects today. First I'll re-verify what I've done so far, next reread idle tuning postings. My idle tuneing PID's work and I'm able to log Idle Calc. Logged then transferred data to new .tun. Logged again and got same data (offsets)? Like I said I should re-read postings to verify my actions. I'm looking into custom OS. I'd like V3 but only V2 is avail for my OS, as far as I can see. E-mail sent to Ross to see if I can get V3. Idle tuning is difficult, but I'm learning sooooo much. I'll report back what I find today.
    Now we have more Idle PIDS to log. That's FUN... It should help us without a MAF.

Bill

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast