Thread: Help with AutoVe and CalcVE tired last night.

Lifetime Member

Default Help with AutoVe and CalcVE tired last night.

I went through the tutorials on setting up autove and I can't figure out this on pg 11 it says start scanner and open autove.efi file, what is that? And what filters do I set up it doesn't specify is it just tps moves too fast, and low ect? Selecting the autove pids where is the calc.ben_lc1 I don't see one? Ok now for calcve, sorry guys. But how do you create pids, I can't get the info on how to create calc pids

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Pavetim:

Don't attempt to do AUTOVE and CALC.VE simultaneously. It won't work.

Before we go any further, tell us a little about your vehicle and set-up. Most importantly are you utilizing the MAF and closed-loop (using your O2's and Trims) or are you ultimately going to be utilizing a SD Tune (no MAF, no Trims).

I can help on some of it. If it is computer assist, we may need some further forum help. I just utilized the manuals and Tutorials, but figuring out what tune to utilize is more than half the battle..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

I posted anohter post about this but ok it is an 02 S-10 with a 4.3L, he has headers, aftermarket MAF, cold air intake. For now i'm waiting to get my LC-1 in the mail and his truck is super lean. I want to tune it using the STFT but the tutorial I followed i'm pretty sure steps you thru the process of using a wideband. Now I need to be in CLSD, with ltft off and stft on correct? But that tutorial turns everything off and forces open loop. So pretty much what i'm asking is what do I have to change in the original tune in order to tune using NO MAF, and using the STFT to get the VE table close so it's not so lean. Thanks.

You just need to be in CLSD.

Disable the MAF as described in the AUTOVE Tutorial. But, do not alter the Closed-Loop Temperatures. Just leave them stock. Depending on your OS, Disable LTFTs..but leave STFT's alone.

You may have to search through some threads for more detail, as SDCL is not used that much. Be aware that you can not do any WOT tuning this way..only Idle and part-throttle. How do you know the vehicle is lean without a wideband?

In any case tuning CLSD is not that difficult and works quite well. You will need a wideband to hit PE Mode and/or WOT. Remember, the vehicle goes into open-loop at that point..so STFT's are no longer applicable..

Good luck..
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

Lifetime Member

Well I know headers alone makes a vehicle lean, and it shudders alot and he said it pops. I don't know too much about tuning yet, but I know for sure it's really lean and I know can't do WOT but just want to get it close so he can drive it easy still and not blow it up lol. Another thing I didn't understand, couldn't find the table for it, but how do I disable it so I know for sure i'm not going into PE mode?

CIA and Headers do not change the .tun that much , MAF maybe . Add 20% to the MAF table {B5001} 1875 to 8500 Hz , try that and see if it helps careful don't go wild .
    Best is still wide-band .
    Last edited by Chevy366; December 18th, 2010 at 08:01 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Thanks weatherman that makes alot of sense. Now as far as logging the maps I use. I lost STFT vs MAP vs RPM them when i get a good log I copy then paste into my VE table with the add, then log again and copy/paste with multiply by 50%. What map do I run though there is STFT1 and STFT2 does it really matter which one or is there a different one i'd use to past the values into the VE table? Thnaks again for all your help.

It might be quicker/easier to do this using LTFT's... see this: showthread.php?14908-Using-STFT-to-tune-for-now

Whatever you do keep some enrichment (fuel) either in PE Fueling or Commanded Fuel When in Open Loop. Otherwise you may blow the engine.

I'm with Joecar..I use LTFT's..I just average with a Calculated Pid (I know another Calculated Pid) which average both banks. STFT's can really vary day to day.

Take it slow. A lot of people guess with fueling and they end up being wrong. At least thinking your lean is probably better than vice-versa.

Good luck..