Thread: 2010 Camaro

Default 2010 Camaro

Single turbo 2010 Camaro, the builders put both upstream o2 sensors on the downpipe, does this seam like the right thing? I am not sure on Fords and Dodges we always set them on the left and right bank just like factory even with a single turbo? What if any error could this cause in the maf and ve calculations?
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Lifetime Member

o2 sensors are not responsible for airflow estimation

Default airflow est

How does this ecu use the o2's to adjust a/f ratio then? I know the reading will be close but i wonder if that is what would cause the WOT runs to be inconstant and responsible for the stumbles and throttle lag at some points?
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Lifetime Member

O2's adjust fueling, not air estimation. MAF and VE table are responsible for air estimation.

What I think you might be talking about is the calibration of MAF/VE tables by using O2 sensors, am I close?

if both front o2s are in a single downpipe after both sides come together into the turbo, then closed loop fuel trims will be FUBARed. And the Camaros carry the LTFT into the WOT fueling, so yeah WOT could be inconsistent/stumbling ect. Can you put them back in the manifolds or headers so they read each side individually?

Wolverine there has to be something going on like that every time you go WOT you get a different A/F and timing.

Unfortunately the way the builder made the system is run from the passenger side into a log on the driver side. So really there is no way for it to read individually left or right banks, I installed two bungs on the engine side of the turbo and i will move them to see if it helps but i am not sure what that is going to do maybe help maybe not. Is there a way to make the E38 run off the MAF only?
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Yes, set B8024 to something like 400 RPM's, you will be in MAF only mode...Make sure you have a wideband installed...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

I see the dilemma with the manifolds. I guess you could run it in MAF only open loop. As long as the MAF is ina big enough tube and not maxing out, it should run pretty well. I've been building stuff alot longer than I've been tuning (or learning to tune) and I've always made it a point to understand how the engine management works before building to eliminate any headaches in the future.

i think open loop will work the tube is large the meter is in and it is setup as a blow through, which i have never seen done svery well you always have the issue of metered air escaping though valve covers or unless you run a catch can setup, i would like to have a speed density setup just the MAP alone but i am not sure if the e38 can do that. I am not too familiar with the system have tuned many e38 with heads and cam that is easy but the this is the worse tuned car i have ever seen. I can't make sense of what they thought was going to happen. If i did this it would blow up or die every 2 blocks i guess someone is lucky. It is one of those things were you don't want to touch because you are afraid it is gonna pop at any minute.
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com