Thread: GMPP LS2 tune help

Default GMPP LS2 tune help

I have a customer who purchased an 07 GMPP LS2 crate motor without harness/ecm and is putting a 4L65E tranny behind it. He wants me to build the harness and program the ecm and tcm. My question is which ECM should i use E67 or E38? And what tune should i start with. I have been going through all the tunes on holdencrazy and cant come up with a combo that will work, even thought of changing segments around to get a base to start with but i'm finding that getting the right OS to switch between segs is kinda hard. any help would be great. Thanks

Lifetime Member

Hello Brad,

Take a look at the Supported Vehicles List (categorized by PCM / ECM) on the EFILive homepage. This will at least help you decide what make / model of vehicle might suit your purpose.

I have never taken the time to count, but at first glance it seems more OEM models that came equipped with the 4L60/65/70 are in the E38 camp.

A Forum member (vette5797) put together pretty much the same combination (LS3 / 4L65) you are considering, and used an E38 / T42 combination. He might be a good resource to consult.

Regards,
    Taz
    Last edited by Taz; December 21st, 2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: - additional information

A Forum member (vette5797) put together pretty much the same combination (LS3 / 4L65) you are considering, and used an E38 / T42 combination. He might be a good resource to consult.
    Thanks, I will try to get in contact with him.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brads_rs View Post
    I have a customer who purchased an 07 GMPP LS2 crate motor without harness/ecm and is putting a 4L65E tranny behind it. He wants me to build the harness and program the ecm and tcm. My question is which ECM should i use E67 or E38? And what tune should i start with. I have been going through all the tunes on holdencrazy and cant come up with a combo that will work, even thought of changing segments around to get a base to start with but i'm finding that getting the right OS to switch between segs is kinda hard. any help would be great. Thanks
    We have a proven tune that we use with customers for E67/A4. PM if you are interested. Might save you some time.