Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problems turning off P154D and P154B

Lifetime Member

Is this still a ongoing problem for everyone? I've got the two codes list above (P154B & P154D) plus some other lovely ones P0405 & P02E8 that refuse to go away. No MIL or problems but they show up and the they all set to X: Not reported, No MIL also tried the other choices with no luck.

Thanks
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

They will not go away, from what Ross has explained to us is that the BOSCH ECM has multiple ways in which it triggers a DTC Code, some have multiple instances of the same DTC and the software can only display one of the instances of the actual DTC.

So if I understand correctly what Ross has told us is that killing one should kill the light but is may still show up in a "ALL DTC" check and not a "Current" or "Pending" DTC check.

Those are very typical of what I call "ghost codes" and they seem to cause no harm.

Tony
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Cool thanks Tony that's kinda what I figured.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Since posting, I deleted my EGR as well (also LMM), and it's the same story. They're there but not a problem.

Now that I did this and my 40 over injectors, I'm just starting to appreciate how many little ghosts/quirks there are in the LMM. There must be a bunch of "hidden" tables!
    2008 LMM

Stumbled on this thread. I am having the same issue with 2 LMM trucks actually. Has anyone figured out a way to get the IAH and Throttle valve codes to settle down? Maybe try setting the value from Not reported, No mil to non emissions MIL off? Maybe a different OS will settle the ecm down?

If they were ghost codes I wouldnt have much of an issue with it, but they are still tripping the light on this particular truck as well as a persistent 0405 code.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Stumbled on this thread. I am having the same issue with 2 LMM trucks actually. Has anyone figured out a way to get the IAH and Throttle valve codes to settle down? Maybe try setting the value from Not reported, No mil to non emissions MIL off? Maybe a different OS will settle the ecm down?

If they were ghost codes I wouldnt have much of an issue with it, but they are still tripping the light on this particular truck as well as a persistent 0405 code.

I haven't had any issues with dtc's from them. I just looked at my tuning and I have them set to X: Not Reported, No MIL. They are in the dtc enables list multiple times and all of them have to be turned off. Do you read the codes with a v2 or from the scan tool? Sometimes the v2 doesn't show the codes the scan tool will.
    2015 Chevy 2500 DC 4x4 LML Stock w/EPA friendly tuning.
    2008 GMC 2500 CC 4x4 LMM DSP-5, Transgo Jr,Converter Flow Valve, Sun Coast Triple Disc,4'' Exhaust,Lift pump,Edge Evo for the gauges.
    2006 Chevy 2500 CC 4x4 LBZ Built Engine, Built Trans, Goerend R, S475/Stock, 30% over injectors.

South of the Rio Grande

On this particular truck I think they are pending codes and its a glowplug code that is the one actually setting the light. Which if thats the case then its nothing to worry about. Wont know till we get the glowplugs changed on the truck and confirm the light stays out.

Which o.s. are you guys using?

I'm using the 8594
    2015 Chevy 2500 DC 4x4 LML Stock w/EPA friendly tuning.
    2008 GMC 2500 CC 4x4 LMM DSP-5, Transgo Jr,Converter Flow Valve, Sun Coast Triple Disc,4'' Exhaust,Lift pump,Edge Evo for the gauges.
    2006 Chevy 2500 CC 4x4 LBZ Built Engine, Built Trans, Goerend R, S475/Stock, 30% over injectors.

South of the Rio Grande

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12