Thread: Isolation of STAR connector

Default Isolation of STAR connector

STAR connector documentation came with Magnacharger Radix MP112, 5th generation supercharger kit. I have it on a 2004 Z06/LS6:

GM requires than an isolation adapter be installed into the lower STAR connector during any programming process. I didn't read anything about this in EFI manuals so far. There's a couple of posts on this forum that refer to this procedure, but no detailed documentation. I have a Scytek Vision Guard 8000 security system which began to malfunction after I did a scan with my EFI V2. Eventualluy, the VG8000's 'brain chip" crapped out and had to be replaced. Fortunately the unit was still under warranty. Is there a significant risk to programming/tuning without this adapter installed? The VG8000's warranty is expired & don't need to purchase another.

It's just a safe guard against the reflash being interrupted by another module on the data bus. The STAR connector just isolates the other modules, especially 3rd party devices that will guarantee a failed flash.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default VG 8000 Schematic

Here is a schematic and system wiring from the VG 8000 product manual. It does access the ignition, tachometer and door triggers. It probably accesses the PCM data bus. It doesn't say. This security system draws from 500 MAmps to 25 Amps when its activated. Battery gets low fast especially in cold weather.

Probably a good idea for me to install the adapter when I scan/tune with my EFI V2 I gotta stand on my head to get the adapter in there right...