Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't get LC-1 to connect

Lifetime Member

The plug think it's 5 wire that the actual sensor goes into. Ok Joe as far as I know I did everything correctly, got everything wired up right, got power, I went into setting on flashscan and set it up like tutorial said, even went into EE and set it up there. I went to Diagnostics and looked at external sensors, and set it up for 0-5V, it looked like one might be there but then went to data logging and display WBo2 and nothing, went to free air calibrate and said nothing there. I tried to swap the Tx and Rx just incase it was wired wrong, and nothing. So I have no clue. When I had it hooked to my PC it kept giving me an error for something saying no real time data available or something like that.

It's under serial/digital wideband... you don't setup 0-5V because it doesn't use the analog inputs.

Did you plug in the 2.5mm stereo blank plug (did it go all the way in...?)...?

Using S&T setup V2 for serial/digital pids (in S&T goto F6:Logging)... this will produce the pids shown in the other thread relating to PE.

Lifetime Member

Yup Joe I had it checked to auto detect all analog, and all serial pids. I got the pids i need for WB, i'll double check but i'd say yes the terminator plug is all the way in.

Do you have a pic of the terminator plug plugged in...?

On the V2 there is a screen for displaying the wideband AFR/Lambda/EQR... you should see it showing the values from the LC-1 in real time (LC-1 and V2 have to be powered).

Lifetime Member

WEll I pushed as hard as I can to the point was worried bout breaking it so I know the terminator is plugged in all the way. I can get a pic, but I know it's in all the way. Should get my new cables from Ira pretty soon, so if it still don't work then, i'll really have to worry about it. Although wring up that phono to rj25 isn't hard so don't know why it wouldn't work. Thats the only thing I can think of but I followed your diagram and used my multimeter to test continuity just to make sure, and it is wired 100% per your diagram.

Double check the continuity, make sure the pinouts are correct.

How are you powering the LC-1...?

Lifetime Member

I spliced in a cigarette lighter I cut off from a air pump I had. And I checked that too I cut the wires and plugged it in, then I used my meter to make sure what wire was getting the power. I spliced the Red wire from lc1 into the power wire, and then the blue and white wires spliced those into the ground wire. Some of the pics aren't that good but the RJ phone end the pics show it with the lock tab facing down right, or not shown when looking at it, if that makes sense.

In the pic of the RJ12 pinout, the lock tab is facing down (on the opposite side of the face shown in the pic).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LC1 cable V2.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	9625

Lifetime Member

Yeah I got it wired right maybe its a bad lc1 if it donte work when I get my cablea from iran ill call innovate

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast