Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calibrated Success 2011 Training Classes

Greg, I tried to email you but it bounced back. Do you know if there is a problem on your end? Ken

I had to smack the provider yesterday when they screwed up the hosting. Everything's cleared up now, and you should have a reply to your email in your Inbox. Thanks!
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

I keep getting requests that go like this: "If I bring my car to the class, can we use it as a demo?"

Up until now, my answer has always been "No." My reason was that I want to focus more on the calibration procedure with a known good combo rather than troubleshooting mechanical or electrical issues. Don't take it personally. I know you all put a lot of time and effort into your cars and most of them are built really well.

However, since the first DVD has been out for a while and many are watching and learning the basics there before coming to the class, we now have a little more time in the normal class schedule to cover additional topics. I have a second DVD coming out this year that will cover more of the advanced stuff that we typically address in the Advanced GM tuning class. This leaves us with the opportunity to look into a few case-specific issues in the live classes.

This is where you come in. If you have a car that you've brought to the class, I'm willing to entertain using it as a live demo provided:

1) There are no mechanical or electrical issues. This means that if we find something that requires repair or a change of hardware as a class, much like in the real world on a real dyno your car gets rolled off.
    2) You have a car that really only requires calibration work. See #1 above. If you have unknown injectors, watch the DVD again. If you have a cam so big that there's no vacuum at idle, see #1 again. Run out of fuel pump? See #1. Injectors going static, see #1. Blowing out the spark because your plug gap is wrong, see #1.
    3) The hosting shop gets first crack at providing a demo vehicle. They're nice enough to let all of us show up on a weekend and bring our chaos to their normally calm operation, so I go out of my way to help them.
    4) There is something for the rest of the class to learn by looking at what your car does.

If you're good with this, then I'm willing to be more flexible. This will go for all of my classes (basic, Adv GM, Adv Ford) until someone gives me a reason not to let it happen any more. If you're on the fence about attending a class, hopefully this added dimension of learning will make it more appealing to you. Take a look at my previous students' comments and I'm sure you'll see that everyone has a great time and learns something(s) new. I look forward to seeing more of you in person. As usual, let me know if you have any questions.
    ~Greg

Wish I had known about this:
    January 28-29, Secrets of EFI Calibration, Dallas TX

What shop did you use in Tx? I'm looking for a good EFI Live tuner in the Dallas to Oklahoma City area.
    Driving a truck with a BLOWN engine has two meanings. I get to experience BOTH on a regular basis
    2006 GTO....in progress
    2002 6L/80E/Radix/ Tahoe

The May 21st class at Mustang Dynamometer in OH should get pretty interesting. I'm planning to drive my personal twin turbo LS3 C6 and I also have a client bringing a supercharged C5 for the tuning demo. I still have slots open for this class. If you're interested, email me directly and I can get you on the list.

For those of you thinking about attending the next Advanced GM tuning class in Orlando on June 2-3, I'll also have my twin turbo C6 there along with a bunch of cool cars from Next Level Performance. This class is intentionally scheduled the two days before the start of the Hot Rod Power Tour because I'll be joining that for the long haul back to Detroit.
    ~Greg

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    The May 21st class at Mustang Dynamometer in OH should get pretty interesting. I'm planning to drive my personal twin turbo LS3 C6 and I also have a client bringing a supercharged C5 for the tuning demo. I still have slots open for this class. If you're interested, email me directly and I can get you on the list.

For those of you thinking about attending the next Advanced GM tuning class in Orlando on June 2-3, I'll also have my twin turbo C6 there along with a bunch of cool cars from Next Level Performance. This class is intentionally scheduled the two days before the start of the Hot Rod Power Tour because I'll be joining that for the long haul back to Detroit.
    See if you can get mentioned in the forthcoming Power Tour article in Hot Rod magazine... mention EFILive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12