Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future of GM (and career options) ?

Without a doubt Audis are nice, I enjoyed working on them a great deal. They are packed full of the highest technology, with very nice interiors. I have NOT found them to be reliable, although we see only all the problems as dealer techs, a lot of stuff is covered up and goes unsaid until warranty is up like ridicoulous oil leaks on brand new '10-'11 models, loose main bearing bolts from the factory, noisy engines and CVT trannies refusing to accelerate. Any company has issues and Audis handle so so well. They really drive like a dream when it comes to cornering. They are just too pricey and luxurious for my taste, almost 200k for an R8 that makes 425 hp.... no way. Their company philosophy when it comes to technicians also is not compatible with my being a human being LOL. But it's been a privilege and great experience and I totally proved that I can hang with anything they throw at me as long as necessary, but I walked away because at the end of the day I'll take a challenge that's rewarding... not just for the snob customer and top heavy company (rant lol)
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Erik yes the 3.2 is nice, high power for the displacement and sounds really cool with the speed density (except when the "gangsta" kids put cheap mufflers on the A5s) The 3.0 is underpowered, though it's mostly reliable we used to call it the "money maker" because they leak here and there and have minor problems (like any Chevy I guess). Everyone loves VWs, they are a strong company and doing well. Just not my style. I LOVE GM !!!!! We are getting the same fuel economy at a much lower price and double the horsepower / torque. There are a million reasons why I can never leave GM: EFILive, America, HORSEPOWER....

Lifetime Member

Very true, Im going to keep my eyes peeled for any issues on my moms Q5. Dads car is probably going to be replaced in a year or 2, he dropped $3k on the dang timing belt a few months back ugh. Mom bought hers used with 5k on the clock, got a 5yr/100k I think by doing that.

But sheesh, before I got my TBSS I was this >< close to buying a 09 GTI. But you cant tune them!!! Its like $1000 min to have someone touch it, custom tunes dont happen unless you're looking at double that.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I bet your TBSS can leave longer tire marks...

And I bet you could easily/cheaply repair just about any thing on your TBSS...

Yeah, sure they won some fancy races, but ownership by a gearhead (with a budget) is where it matters.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I bet your TBSS can leave longer tire marks...

And I bet you could easily/cheaply repair just about any thing on your TBSS...

Yeah, sure they won some fancy races, but ownership by a gearhead (with a budget) is where it matters.
    I wish it could leave tire marks, AWD kills that fun but I never worry about grip around corners or in snow. Ill have to worry about that in a few years when I can afford a built engine and blower, thinking a 427ci bored/stroked LS3, heads, cam, LTs, etc with a Maggie TVS 2300 blower (or whatever the latest one is at that point). Now wheres that $20k I need to make this happen?

Repairs are cheaper for sure, especially since I have a list of things the dealer is going to do for free (still have a year of bumper to bumper warranty left).

Im most certainly on a budget, heck right now its all I can do to put gas in the SS, premium is around $3.75 a gal now (know CA is way worse, was there last week) and when you get 12mpg city, it hurts big time.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

The Q5s are decent, the LED daytime running lights and tail lamps go bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12