Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do I do when I run out of fuel pump on my E67?

Default What do I do when I run out of fuel pump on my E67?

Has anyone swapped out their fuel pump yet? In another thread someone made mention of there being a control module in the tank itself that regulates the pressure of the stock returnless fuel system.

Can someone tell me what I would need to do to swap out say a Walboro or a Bosch 044? And how it would interact with my ECU? How do I then regulate the pressure can I reuse the stock components?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone had to replace an OEM fuel pump with an aftermarket unit?

It would help if you posted what year make and model vehicle you have. Also post up what mods you have done that are maxing out your stock fuel system. There are several differnt ways to upgrade fuel systems but without knowing what you got I can't give you any advice.

Well it was really more of an E67 question, since I believe all E67 based vehicles are Returnless system with a controller in the tank. Am I wrong about this?
    It's a 2008 Aura XR with a 3.6DOHC V6. Let's just say that the car needs to fuel me for 400 whp. I'm already set for 550CC injectors, but I know the fuel pump won't even come close.

Thank you for your reply. Any help would be appreciated.

The reason I ask is because how you are making the hp will also dictate on what to do the fuel system. For example making 400hp na, nitrous, turbo, all could have diffent fuel systems. There are many ways to upgrade, boost pump, larger pump, dual pumps, etc...

It's a street ran large turbo vehicle. So probably pretty crappy BSFC.

If you have it up and running you can watch injector pulse width or watch fuel pressure that will tell you for sure if you are loosing pressure.
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Thanks. I am very familiar with that. I tune Supras, my old GTP, a couple of Nissans etc. Definately familiar with the IPW. The problem I have I guess would be how the E67 reacts to the swapping of the pump, because of that FPR in the tank.

I have two springs, and all this stuff will be bolted up soon, I was just hoping to be able to take care of the fuel pump and injectors first, so when I go from 3 psi to 8 psi I won't be causing any issues. The difference b/t 3 psi (my starter spring to help me work out tuning this stock ECU) and my 8 psi spring will represent close to 100 whp difference, which will consume all of my fuel pressure.

I see what you mean now, i am not sure with the e67 i know the e38 you can allow for more pressure but I am not sure on the e67.
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

It's not the pressure that I'm worried about exactly its, how the replacement of the fuel pump will work. I don't know if I can use that module with say a Walbro, and if I cannot how will the fuel pressure be regulated, if I do it mechanically, how will the E67 respond. What doe the E38 guys do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast