Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Needing Help with Tune using Calc-VE

Default Needing Help with Tune using Calc-VE

I am new to most of this so bare with me!!

I am using the Calc-VE method to tune my truck: Details are this 6.0 - 11.5 to 1, 60lb injectors, 100mm TB and MAF, 227-243 on a 113LC.

LM-2 Dual WB's serial.

Here are my problems my truck is too lean, when i use the Calc-Ve process the numbers i get are leaner in the main ve than what i already have. When i scan my LFTF BENS they remain at 1.000. I need some assistance and appreciate some input.

My truck is 2006 Gen III 24x with converter box - engine is LS-2 58x with mods listed above.

Here are my most latest tune and log.

Log_0002.efi2006 GMC 1-8-2011 (OrgBackUP)_0004.tun
    Last edited by spx-7; January 15th, 2011 at 06:31 AM.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Hello everyone:

Paul is new to the forum..Please welcome him..

We have been working via PM trying to figure out a few problems, but even I am stuck.

Paul, it appears that even though your Tune is properly set-up for closed-loop..all your LTFT's are 0..Are you sure you still have your O2 sensors hooked up?

I also am not sure what is happening to his AFR..

Anybody got any ideas. Paul has modified his vehicle, including the Injectors...he can fill you in.

..WeathermanShawn..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    Hello everyone:

Paul is new to the forum..Please welcome him..

We have been working via PM trying to figure out a few problems, but even I am stuck.

Paul, it appears that even though your Tune is properly set-up for closed-loop..all your LTFT's are 0..Are you sure you still have your O2 sensors hooked up?

I also am not sure what is happening to his AFR..

Anybody got any ideas. Paul has modified his vehicle, including the Injectors...he can fill you in.

..WeathermanShawn..
    Yes, all O2's are connected. I have front and rear NB O2's and 2 WB's one in each collector.

My original tune with the factory 6.0 was set to LTFT Disabled when I bought the truck. It ran fairly good just simple bolt-ons. This may be where the problem has been, I just don't know where to start.

I probably should have posted this in the Gen III because my truck is 2006. The engine came from my 2007 TBSS and was a pulled out at 700 miles and had the heads changed and various other mods made. I do apologize for posting in the Gen IV. All of this will be useful in that I have a single mount turbo for my TBSS and will need to perform all of this for that vehicle as well. I just wanted to get the 06 running first. I am new.

Thank you,

Paul
    Last edited by spx-7; January 15th, 2011 at 07:22 AM.

Paul, all I can think of is that you are not going into closed-loop. From your Tune, I don't know why..it seems to be set-up correctly to Trim (in your Tune).

Do you have the Pid SAE.FUELSYS (under Fuel)? That will tell you if you are going into closed-loop or not. Also if you can log HO2S11 and HO2S21. Those will tell us if your front O2's are working at all..

I just don't think you are in closed-loop....
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

Paul, all I can think of is that you are not going into closed-loop. From your Tune, I don't know why..it seems to be set-up correctly to Trim (in your Tune).

Do you have the Pid SAE.FUELSYS (under Fuel)? That will tell you if you are going into closed-loop or not. Also if you can log HO2S11 and HO2S21. Those will tell us if your front O2's are working at all..

I just don't think you are in closed-loop....
    I have just selected them in my PID list and have 23 PIDs selected and will go take the truck out for a drive and post scan in just a few.

Also, Paul it appears your CALC.VE Table Pid is set-up for a 5.7L engine. Normally, the engine size is picked up correctly, but just make sure of the following.

In your Calculated Pids..where it says 5.669..change that to your engine size..aka 6.0. Then you need to re-save it under 'My Documents..User Configuration...calc_pids.txt..'It should actually make your values decrease..

Let me know if that is an issue..I want to make sure it just not my Scan Tool calculating it incorrectly..

Also, Paul it appears your CALC.VE Table Pid is set-up for a 5.7L engine. Normally, the engine size is picked up correctly, but just make sure of the following.

In your Calculated Pids..where it says 5.669..change that to your engine size..aka 6.0. Then you need to re-save it under 'My Documents..User Configuration...calc_pids.txt..'It should actually make your values decrease..

Let me know if that is an issue..I want to make sure it just not my Scan Tool calculating it incorrectly..
    I have cal pids for 6.0.

I have all PIDs selected as per your tutorial and the following as well SAE.FUELSYS, HO2S11 and HO2S21.

I don't know if it ran closed loop this time, if i look at SAE.FUESLSYS on Scan it show OL-Drive.

Idle is crazy and off idle stumble. It hunts idle real bad when it comes down.

Paul

I flashed the following Tune and attached the following log
    Attached Files Attached Files

My mistake, It did run CL when watching the replay.

I new as some of this advance tuning.

Wow, now I think I see the problem.

Your O2 sensors are switching very slowly..only 1-2 times per second. They should switch 3-5 times per second at cruise. You can see you have thrown a DTC code for it also.

So, that has made your LTFT's way out of limits (extremely positive). This explains why you have been so lean.

You have two choices. One is to add +20% to your entire MAF Table B5001. Is that Table stock? You may need that much more airflow/fuel. That will also make your VE Table more reasonable. Second is to change those O2 sensors out, or make sure they are getting nice and hot. I take it they are also located in the headers?

So, yes you are extremely lean. Try adding +20% to your MAF. That should help until you can chase down the O2 problem.

You Calc. Pid for VE looks good..(my mistake)..

Wow, now I think I see the problem.

Your O2 sensors are switching very slowly..only 1-2 times per second. They should switch 3-5 times per second at cruise. You can see you have thrown a DTC code for it also.

So, that has made your LTFT's way out of limits (extremely positive). This explains why you have been so lean.

You have two choices. One is to add +20% to your entire MAF Table B5001. Is that Table stock? You may need that much more airflow/fuel. That will also make your VE Table more reasonable. Second is to change those O2 sensors out, or make sure they are getting nice and hot. I take it they are also located in the headers?

So, yes you are extremely lean. Try adding +20% to your MAF. That should help until you can chase down the O2 problem.

You Calc. Pid for VE looks good..(my mistake)..
    Yes, front O2's are in the collectors as well 90 degrees to the WBO2's.

I will get some new NBO2's is there any suggestion on brand or type or just go to Advance Auto Parts and get what they have?

I will add 20% to B5001, Yes it is stock MAF table.

How do you know if the O2's are getting hot enough? Never realized this?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast