Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Needing Help with Tune using Calc-VE

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

With headers the O2's are located farther away from the cylinder heads (vs stock manifolds). So sometimes they don't heat up enough to work properly.

I would just try the stock O2's. I run the Bosch rear-Corvette types up front, but that may be overkill.

+20% to the MAF is a lot, but you have added a lot of power. That should at least get you close to +/0 Trims..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    With headers the O2's are located farther away from the cylinder heads (vs stock manifolds). So sometimes they don't heat up enough to work properly.

I would just try the stock O2's. I run the Bosch rear-Corvette types up front, but that may be overkill.

+20% to the MAF is a lot, but you have added a lot of power. That should at least get you close to +/0 Trims..
    What year Corvette NBO2's do you run? I will get some today.

The truck has a true 11.5 CR engine not a guess it is actually 11.6 to 1, Engine was re-done by professional builder. We had the heads for another project, but I had them already done and thought whats 11.5 -11.6 on the street if we can tune it. Headers are 1 7/8 and NB ans WB are at the collector.

I used the 2002 Corvette Bosch rear O2 sensors. That way I could run them without extensions..they are longer. I have them located inches away from the wideband..after the collectors and just before the high-flow cats. So far 30+K on them and working good.

I ended up with about +15% overall on my MAF Table vs stock. If you normally reach the upper MAF frequency..well you could run out of MAF. But your vehicle should run much better with the additional airflow and resultant fueling. That and getting your O2's to switch normally will help a lot.

Keep us updated..
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

I used the 2002 Corvette Bosch rear O2 sensors. That way I could run them without extensions..they are longer. I have them located inches away from the wideband..after the collectors and just before the high-flow cats. So far 30+K on them and working good.

I ended up with about +15% overall on my MAF Table vs stock. If you normally reach the upper MAF frequency..well you could run out of MAF. But your vehicle should run much better with the additional airflow and resultant fueling. That and getting your O2's to switch normally will help a lot.

Keep us updated..
    I will get the Bosch tonight and put them in. I hope to scan tonight and post that as well if not will post tomorrow with new NBO2's tomorrow. My bungs for NB's and WB's are in the same locations just 90 degrees to each other.

I agree with Shawn, NBO2 signal is too slow... in Log_0004 the HO2Sx1 voltages switch at approximately 1/2 times per second (i.e. almost 2 seconds for one switch cycle).

Comparing DYNCYLAIR_DMA and CYLAIR_DMA it seems your VE and MAF diverge... but first get the NBO2's sorted out.

And then remember to reduce the pid channel count to 24 (or less).

Shawn,

I have the new Corvette NBO2's now how are you referring to installing them, are you wanting suggesting to rewire the connectors to install them in the front harness? I'm a little confused. If i wire them into the front harness, i just need to get a pin-out and i will have them installed tonight.

I logged the truck with 25% added to the MAF just for the heck of it and it still is asking for Less VE.

Paul

Paul, my mechanical skills are not as great as some.

If you have new O2 sensors and can connect them, then just do that. I think I just bought a set of rear sensors for the additional length of the sensor wire. I guess an O2 is an O2. If you can hook it up, try it out.

As far as the CALC.VE Table values..Try this first. Using the Scan Tool..Calibrations..Long Term Fuel Cells..get those values to re-set to zero.

The main thing is to get your LTFTBENS to near 1.00. Once we get good values and your O2's are switching properly we can evaluate the VE Table Values. On a MAF-Enabled vehicle, the MAF will drive a significant portion of the airflow and fueling. Its hard to say how your VE Table will ultimately look. Most follow what a Torque curve on a dyno would look like.

We need your MAF and O2's first..

Paul, my mechanical skills are not as great as some.

If you have new O2 sensors and can connect them, then just do that. I think I just bought a set of rear sensors for the additional length of the sensor wire. I guess an O2 is an O2. If you can hook it up, try it out.

As far as the CALC.VE Table values..Try this first. Using the Scan Tool..Calibrations..Long Term Fuel Cells..get those values to re-set to zero.

The main thing is to get your LTFTBENS to near 1.00. Once we get good values and your O2's are switching properly we can evaluate the VE Table Values. On a MAF-Enabled vehicle, the MAF will drive a significant portion of the airflow and fueling. Its hard to say how your VE Table will ultimately look. Most follow what a Torque curve on a dyno would look like.

We need your MAF and O2's first..
    Shawn,

My question is this regarding the NBO2's, the plug connector in front is different from rear connector on 2006 GM. What I needed to know is you are suggesting wire the new sensor into the front NBO2 connector. I am not trying to ask a stupid question wanting to make sure i am doing the correct thing. We are very skilled and modifications if need be, we have many resources, just needing clarification.

Thank you,

Paul

No, it is not a stupid question..I really don't know the answer. On the 2002 LS1 it was just a simple plug-in (does that make sense?). I guess I would not deviate too far from a mechanical norm. If you need two front O2 sensors and can get them..perhaps that is the thing to do.

Anybody know for sure?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast