Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 LastLast

Thread: Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)

So I am new to tuning. From this post I gather that the AutoVE tuning tutorial for LS1 Controllers is outdated? Is there a step by step tutorial for how to begin tuning. I don't really want weed through these 72 pages to try and decipher what is the latest method. Thanks!

97 Vortec, 383, whipple, marine efi, 411 controller.

Lifetime Member

Yes, this is the correct and most up-to-date thread on the topic. You can still use AutoVE, but this is faster and handles the MAF too.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by timweber View Post
    So I am new to tuning. From this post I gather that the AutoVE tuning tutorial for LS1 Controllers is outdated? Is there a step by step tutorial for how to begin tuning. I don't really want weed through these 72 pages to try and decipher what is the latest method. Thanks!

97 Vortec, 383, whipple, marine efi, 411 controller.
    The original post is good and has been updated for the most part. Different setups may need to be tweaked a little bit but you should be able to figure that out as you go. For example... I have LTFT disabled, so my closed loop histogram portion is based on STFT, not LTFT. I've also messed around and done it based on LTFT+STFT combined.

This is a great method for a MAF car because you can correct MAF and get a decent VE table in 1 log, without having to run open loop etc.

Nothing beats doing an AutoVE to really dial in the VE table with a wideband....but generally CalcVET is more than sufficient.

My car is speed density, but most of the time I still use the logic here to correct closed loop stuff with trims and WOT stuff with wideband. Again just to make it easier and more simple driving the car around like I normally would. You can tweak and combine methods as needed to suit your needs.

Does this have to be competed in V7.5? When I try to connect I get the following error:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	206 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	23286

It says I have the latest versions installed.

Have you plugged in your Flashscan to your computer, opened V8, and checked for firmware updates? Not software updates.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

yes, it says it's the latest version

Got it. I guess I didn't have the latest version of V8. After installing that it prompted me for another V2 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by timweber View Post
    yes, it says it's the latest version

Question about the Original Post, since it was a post about tuning and how to. My questions is does GM use a combination of MAF/VE at or below the airflow switch threshold set at 4K rpm's, or is it only VE below 4k and MAF only above 4k, or some variation of the two? I am trying to understand how Gm does there tuning. Insight in to how it all goes together would be great.

Below 4K: VE during airflow/airmass transients, MAF during steady state.

If I do this method with a vehicle with true dual exhaust. Do I need two different wbo2s ? And change the pid or would just using bank 1 be sufficient enough ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk