Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)

Quote Originally Posted by sweettl69 View Post
    i need help i have went thru this post on calc ve and my question is i run sd mafless and i always disable ltft and stft and tune my ve i use a map that shows me the wideband afr rpm vs map kpa and then i go cell to cell and make adjustments i would love to use this method im just curious what script i need and pids to use i use a lm2 in serial . i also see auto ve is a option but the write up uses analog wideband im sure i could switch to analog but there has to be a way to do it in serial thanks in advanced im a rookie
    Ok, you're running OLSD (no MAF, no LTFT, no STFT)...

in that case you would do the Calc.MAFT procedure, concentrate on the VE correction part, and ignore the MAF calculation part...

i.e. just correct the VE table, use the pid CALC.WO2BEN instead of CALC.SELBEN to correct the VE.

I must be missing something. When I copy and paste the calc_pids-2.txt I cannot see the additional pids CALC.LTFT CALC.LTFTBEN CALC.VE_Table. can anyone enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    I must be missing something. When I copy and paste the calc_pids-2.txt I cannot see the additional pids CALC.LTFT CALC.LTFTBEN CALC.VE_Table. can anyone enlighten me?
    You have to name the file exactly calc_pids.txt

and download it to the folder C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

the pids defined by this calc_pids.txt are these:
    - CALC.DAT
    - CALC.LTFTBEN
    - CALC.WO2BEN
    - CALC.SELBEN
    - CALC.VEN
    - CALC.VET
    - CALC.MAFN
    - CALC.MAFT

If you download it once you will see calc_pids.txt, if you download it again you will see calc_pids-2.txt... it's what Windows does.

Lifetime Member

You can do what Joe mentioned above, you may need to replace the existing calc_pid text file. Usually Windows will ask if you want to "Copy and Replace" and you should select yes. Usually files from Internet Explorer or Chrome default to the c:temp or a downloads folder. So just make sure it is going to the path Joe posted above.

Or you can make a copy of the calc pid text file that is posted in this thread - call it something like "Calc_PID for CalVet", and then copy and paste the content (text) into the calc_pid file in the user configuration folder. I have several calc_pids files depending on what I'm doing.

As long as you get the content into the calc_pid file in the user configuration folder, you should be good.
    00 Silverado Z71, LQ9 w/ LS3 heads, BTR cam, Whipple 2.9@8#, 4l80E

Thanks Joecar and Lastcall. I copied the files directly to the pids file instead of the user configuration file. I should probably wear my glasses more often.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    Thanks Joecar and Lastcall. I copied the files directly to the pids file instead of the user configuration file. I should probably wear my glasses more often.
    Good deal, glad you got it figured out.
    00 Silverado Z71, LQ9 w/ LS3 heads, BTR cam, Whipple 2.9@8#, 4l80E

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Use g*K/kPa for VE units (in V7 tunetool, go Edit->Properties and set VE units to g*K/kPa)(i.e. avoid using % units, because % units requires displacement).

Yes, it works for both VE tables (<105 kPa, >105kPa).

Calc.VET procedure corrects MAF table and calculates a new VE table... neither of these control AFR (or more specifically, neither controls commanded EQR).

MAF and VE tables determine the calculated airmass... then commanded EQR (AFR) is looked up (either stoich for CL, or from PE table if enabled)... i.e. airmass and commanded EQR are separate.

Also, avoid AFR for fueling units (it does not consider what fuel you run)... instead use EQR (in V7 tunetool, go Edit->Properties and set fueling units to EQR)(in V7 scantool, log the pid GM.EQIVRATIO... and discard the pid GM.AFR).
    Joe, is there a reason not to use Lambda?

Quote Originally Posted by SOMhaveit View Post
    Joe, is there a reason not to use Lambda?
    You can use Lambda, just remember that you're doing so

Is this meant to replace autove? Or does this assume the car is close in tune?

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast