Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 731 to 739 of 739

Thread: Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)

  1. #731
    Joe (Moderator) joecar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    28,298

    Default

    Usually use 1 WB.

    Would use 2 WB's to compare left/right banks.

    I have been using 2 WB's, I setup my correction pid to select the leaner WB on the fly.

  2. #732
    Senior Member djv86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    144

    Default

    And is there a way to perform this without a wide and for non heavy engine loads ? I

  3. #733
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djv86 View Post
    And is there a way to perform this without a wide and for non heavy engine loads ? I
    If I'm reading post #6 correctly yes.

  4. #734
    Senior Member djv86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    If I'm reading post #6 correctly yes.
    Let me go look see.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #735
    Senior Member djv86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    If I'm reading post #6 correctly yes.
    Does that post say that if pcm is not in power enrichment mode it uses the ltft to create the corrected data and if in PE it used the wbo2 ? Or would I have to select different

  6. #736
    Senior Member djv86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    144

    Default Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)


    After


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is before

  7. #737
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djv86 View Post
    Does that post say that if pcm is not in power enrichment mode it uses the ltft to create the corrected data and if in PE it used the wbo2 ? Or would I have to select different
    Thats the way I read it. But it seems you have to have the specific pids filtered in the correct manner...

    I'm new with EFI so I can't be much help... I have used this type of method on a different platform and everything needs to be correct.
    I chased my tail because I didn't set my IAT to degrees kelvin for my logging. Before long I had the damn thing so rich up top it ran like crap.

  8. #738
    Senior Member djv86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Thats the way I read it. But it seems you have to have the specific pids filtered in the correct manner...

    I'm new with EFI so I can't be much help... I have used this type of method on a different platform and everything needs to be correct.
    I chased my tail because I didn't set my IAT to degrees kelvin for my logging. Before long I had the damn thing so rich up top it ran like crap.
    same here. ive double checked the pids many times. i did notice at one point of my data log it read like 30 degrees of advance. although my high octane table said should be like 24 degrees. im not trying to change timing at all just clean up the fuel trims. and i only commute 2 miles to work from home at a max speed of 45mph and the truck only gets about 13mph. hopefully with perfoming the calcvet it should get a little better mpg. it already runs very dang well for a 1/2 ton truck although maybe its the max part thats helping.

  9. #739
    Senior Member djv86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Usually use 1 WB.

    Would use 2 WB's to compare left/right banks.

    I have been using 2 WB's, I setup my correction pid to select the leaner WB on the fly.
    is there a way to setup the v2 under the bbx option to create a data log of the min required pids for the calc.vet theory ? so a laptop wouldnt be required for the data log ? i tried and i dont see half the calc pids under the pid options.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Similar Threads

  1. Please explain table A0007 TPS VE TABLE cos5
    By WHYTRYZ06 in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 18th, 2008, 06:26 PM
  2. OLFA table vs. Custom OS A0008 table
    By 1bar in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 6th, 2007, 06:25 AM
  3. Table Names vs Table Number
    By lplott in forum Custom Operating Systems
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 17th, 2006, 05:14 AM
  4. Main VE Table ?, Logged data vs VE Table
    By dbaxter_ss in forum Tips and tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 26th, 2004, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •