Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)

Thanks for the pointers! Had a few days of 70 degree weather so i did get to test out this new tuning ability. All has been working well but now our area is stuck in the 30s.

Soon as the weather breaks i will critique WOT and idle airflow! Cant wait to drive this little s10 with a 383!

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmauto View Post
    Shawn, I set up my maps and pids this morning. I had to select Calc.Ven (not corrected) to make calc.vet a valid pid. I didnt see that in the setup pid selection. Just kinda curious bout that. I selected the afr veiwing pid for 14.68 that Joe had set up. Other than that I should have everything ready to go.
    Len, there are about 3 of these Pids that are sequential. I.E., you need PE Mode to make CALC.VEN to make CALC.VET work..etc. Remember we are in sort of a transition on Pids that ultimately will make all of this more clear. I updated Page 1 of this thread that now shows CALC.VEN, etc. Also, if you go to the PDF version of the CALC.VET Quick Start Guide, I give a little more detail on some of the filters etc.

The bottom line is you sound like you did everything right. CALC.VET is what you are after..Glad to hear you are making progress!
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Quote Originally Posted by onegonewild View Post
    Thanks for the pointers! Had a few days of 70 degree weather so i did get to test out this new tuning ability. All has been working well but now our area is stuck in the 30s.

Soon as the weather breaks i will critique WOT and idle airflow! Cant wait to drive this little s10 with a 383!
    Hi 'Wild'. Glad to hear it seems to be going good for you too! No matter the method WOT Tuning takes some persistence and skill. Obviously its a challenge to keep 100% TPS etc..

I usually try to pick a main drive gear to do most of my WOT Tuning. The formulas will accurately apply the BEN, but at WOT you are going through MAF Freq's and Airflow so fast..the best technique is to try to get at least 10+ samples for every cell in PE Mode. Thats a challenge, especially if on the street. Also what seems like a small of fueling error is actually a big difference. Just a 4% difference is a difference between 13.0 AFR and 12.5. So the more samples even if averaged over several runs is a good technique.

I would also check out some of the enhanced CALC.VET filters in the PDF version of the 'Quick Start Guide'. It really helps in filtering out bogus data cells that can occur at WOT.

Thanks for your participation also. Report back your results when you can..
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

The real sweet thing about this tutorial is STFT and LTFT are still enabled unlike the AutoVE process. Kind of gives you a "padded" area that the computer will still help compensate for overly rich/lean situations. Plus there isn't many changes need for this process other than logging!

Two thumbs up guys! Keep it up!

Next project this year will be a Whipple 2.9L on a 2011 Camaro!

Shawn, It looks like the weather will cooperate with me this weekend and I will finally get out and do some tuning. I was just thinking I have my pids set up to veiw AFR, but should I have the wideband set to display EQ ratio. I dont have the wideband here right now to look and see if it displays AFR if it will log EQ. It is a Lm2 serial.

Shawn, It looks like the weather will cooperate with me this weekend and I will finally get out and do some tuning. I was just thinking I have my pids set up to veiw AFR, but should I have the wideband set to display EQ ratio. I dont have the wideband here right now to look and see if it displays AFR if it will log EQ. It is a Lm2 serial.
    Len, it should not matter at all. You can have your wideband set up to view AFR/EQ/ or Lambda. As long as you select the PID EXT.WO2LAM1, all the internal computations will be correct. For instance my LM-2 displays in AFR, but selecting the Lambda Pid..all the BENS etc are correct.

Nice to hear the weather is warming up for you and all the snow is melting. Make sure all your software & Firmware is updated including V8.1. Do you have all your Pids validated and your MAPs already set up?

If so you are good to go. Use the filter(s) and hopefully within 1-2 logs you will be good to go!

Cool. I have to upgrade the 8.1 yet, but I have all my maps and pids set up. I will do the upgrade tonite and be ready to tune this weekend. I think I am also going to get the innovate MTX wideband gauge (apparently has serial connection) and be able to leave it in the car all the time, it will be much easier to log at the track then.

Just did the 8.1 update and all looks good so far. Just one thing I was messing with. When you set displacement I assume you have to log first then after the log you can change the displacement and it will change data accordingly. If that isnt how it works let me know. (when you just open scantool it wont let you change that, of course I dont have it connected to a car)

Just did the 8.1 update and all looks good so far. Just one thing I was messing with. When you set displacement I assume you have to log first then after the log you can change the displacement and it will change data accordingly. If that isnt how it works let me know. (when you just open scantool it wont let you change that, of course I dont have it connected to a car)
    Yes..First make your Log..Then in the Scan Tool, under Edit>Log File Information>Vehicle Options>Engine>choose Displacement. Then Save Log File. Then re-open.

You said it right. Its been working flawlessly in my testing here. Let us know if you have any problems..

Thought I would attach a copy of my calcpid.txt file for those that do not have GM.DYNAIRTMP.DMA in their OS. This file includes the calc.dynairtmp.pid as an alternative. Please review this and note any required changes or suggestions.

calc_pids.txt

Also attached is a list of my PID selections from the scan tool when using calc.dynairtmp. Couldn't figure out how to capture the screen shot and post. Will work on that tomorrow.

Steve O
    Last edited by Steve O; April 9th, 2011 at 02:41 PM.

Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast